Physical Therapy Assistant / PTA - R0010437
Abbeville - Alabama (AL),
Aegis Therapies® is one of the nation’s leading providers of rehabilitation and wellness services. We offer short-term and long-term therapy services in over 1,100 locations in 36 states.
Aegis specializes in providing services that adapt to each individual’s needs, using leading-edge technology and innovation to help restore strength and confidence after illness, injury or surgery. More importantly we help individuals return to the activities they love.
When you join our team, you will always be a step ahead of the latest technologies and industry standards while building your professional skills and reaching your most ambitious goals — whether in a home health setting, outpatient, occupational, physical or speech therapy, medially oriented gyms or office support.
To assist in the treatment of patients as directed by the Physical Therapist and participate as an active member of treatment location’s rehabilitation team
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Provides treatment to patients as directed by the Physical Therapist
- Instructs families and caregiver in maintenance programs as directed by the Physical Therapist
- Communicates with supervisor and other interdisciplinary team members regarding patient progress, problems, and plans
- Participates in patient-care conferences and weekly rehabilitation meetings
- Participates in treatment location in-service training programs
- Remains knowledgeable of state practice acts and ensures the level of supervision they receive meets standards. Does not provide treatment outside of practice act limits
- Assists with cleaning and maintenance of treatment area and department
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines. Records daily treatment charges per corporate procedures. Documentation will be completed using a company furnished hand held electronic device (i.e. Ipad).
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to treatment location infection control policies and protocols and keeping information confidential per company and federal requirements. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with treatment location and department procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ensures proper operation of equipment by complying with company procedures and following manufacturer’s instructions;
- Provides services in multiple settings (including skilled nursing, assisted living, patient homes, and outpatient) as determined by supervisor and patient/resident need including community based services such as home health and wellness activities as required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate from a Physical Therapy Assistant program
- Current licensure as Physical Therapy Assistant in state of practice and/or nationally certified
- Current CPR certification, preferred
- Ability to travel within 50 minutes of your assigned primary building(s) as needed
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good computer skills including use of desktop computers and handheld devices with ability to learn company or customer systems
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient, employee and company proprietary information
- Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with patients, families, and other employees at all levels
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
- Mobility, standing, pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, walking, heavy lifting, fine hand coordination, ability to hear, ability to read and write, ability to detect odors, and ability to remain calm under stress.
- Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication with patients, staff, family, visitors, etc.
- Vision (corrected) adequate for reading.
- Intelligible speech and normal language / cognitive skills.
- Must be able to push patients in a wheelchair or stretchers.*
- Lifting of patients*, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently, up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 100 pounds rarely.
- Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day.
- Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead.
- Must be able to transfer patients.*
- Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to patients / caregivers.
- Work in a fast-paced clinical environment.
- Weekend and holiday work may be required.
- Work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors.
- Several task and job duties involve a risk of exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens and other potentially infectious materials (OPIM).
EEO Statement: Aegis Therapies and its Family of Companies (“the Company”) is committed to a diverse workforce, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For detailed information on your rights, click here. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact our Human Resources Service Center at 1-877-858-9013 or via email at [email protected] for assistance. The affirmative action plan will be made available for applicants to review. Please contact the location leader to schedule. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Drug-Free Workplace. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision. Click here: https://www.mycare.com/PublicFile/65f11946-5238-4db3-8dc8-9668ee3e78d6
Work Type: Full Time Category: Physical Therapy Assistant
- Abbeville, AL - Alabama