Alabama - Alabama (AL),
Community Development Institute Head Start
$2,531 a month
Salary Range: $ 1,265.52- $ 1,391.87
Weeks per Year: 52
Hours Per Week: 40
$1,265.52 bi-weekly AA $1,391.87 bi-weekly BA
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Education/Disabilities Services Manager
This position is responsible for the general and day-to-day operations of a Head Start/Early Head Start center or cluster of outlying centers, covering multiple classrooms, assuring regulatory and legal compliance with federal, state and local regulations, communicating with parents and the community and supervision and monitoring of all staff working at the assigned center(s). The position may be reassigned to various centers as deemed necessary for program operations.
- Program Administration And Coordination
- Develops and monitors center and staff schedules.
- Arranges and schedules substitutes for the center classrooms.
- Arranges for family, staff work days for center improvements, fairs, events, etc.
- Assists in establishing and fostering a team approach and coordination of services and the sharing of resources among centers within the overall program.
- Responsible for monthly safety checks, fire drills and safety meetings as well as updating of the Safety Log.
- Investigates any child or staff incidents, assuring all forms are complete and notifying the appropriate authorities and/or supervisor.
- Attends IFSP/IEP meetings as needed or requested.
- Takes the lead and arranges and attends Family Nights, Parent Committee meetings and works with staff and parents to plan and carry them out.
- Receives and responds to verbal and written complaints about the program/center while managing the Parent/Community Complaint procedure at the center level.
- Record keeping And Fiscal
- Maintains filing, tracking and documentation systems.
- Submits verbal and/or written reports to immediate supervisor or Program Director on the activities and status of the center on a regular basis.
- Monitors staff attendance, collects, verifies and signs all staff time sheets and leave requests, verifying accuracy.
- Monitors employee on-site file requirements and keeps them secure in locked files.
- Supervision and Training
- With content area managers/specialists/coordinators plans and implements pre-service and ongoing in-service for cooks, teachers, assistant teachers and program aides, etc.
- Conducts regular staff meetings.
- Arranges for staff training as needed.
- Arranges for training and family nights and Parent Committees for parents.Maintains minutes, sign in sheets, in-kind forms, training logs, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum requirement is an Associate’s degree or higher in early childhood education, child development or other related education or human service degree with experience working with young children. One year supervisory experience preferred. Some experience in financial management and budgeting preferred. Previous Head Start/Early Head Start experience preferred. Ability to meet the state requirement(s) for “site director” required.