Alabama - Alabama (AL),
Community Development Institute Head Start
Fixed Salary: $ 10.44 per hour
Weeks per Year: 52
Hours Per Week: 40
$10.44 Hourly HS/GED
JOB TITLE: Custodian
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Facilities/Transportation Manager
This position is responsible for ensuring clean, safe, functional facilities by performing cleaning and maintenance activities as well as some repair activities including plumbing, electrical, carpentry and painting when professional licensure is not required.
A. Planning And Training
- Collects information; participates in planning, upgrading and minor repairs of facilities.
- Prepares estimates of the material and labor costs of maintenance projects.
- Acquires knowledge of federal, state and local safety and building code requirements related to Head Start/Early Head Start facilities within first month on the job, including, but is not restricted to, OSHA and MSDS chemical inventory, “Right to Know” training, etc.
- Cleans facilities on a daily basis and ensures that assigned facilities are clean and free of hazards.Cleans classrooms, hallways, floors, bathrooms, offices, entrances, etc.
- Performs routine maintenance such as
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The minimum requirement is that the individual be 18 years of age. This is an entry-level position requiring no previous education or experience unless there is a local or state regulation that requires a high school diploma or G.E.D. A high school diploma or G.E.D. is preferred.