Alabama - Alabama (AL),
Community Development Institute Head Start
$10.44 an hour
Salary Range: $ 10.44 per hour- $ 13.58 per hour
Weeks per Year: 52
Hours Per Week: 40
JOB TITLE: Family Advocate
This position supports and assists families as they identify and meet their own goals through a family-centered case management model for developing and carrying out the program Family Partnership Agreements including responsibility for child files, enrollment/applications, etc. This position also assists with the completion of the child health requirements and other required screenings and assessments. This position supports the larger system of social services coordinated by Head Start/Early Head Start, thereby supporting the goals of the program. The position may involve reassignment of caseloads and/or center location as deemed necessary for program operations.
1. EXAMPLES OF SPECIFIC DUTIES- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
A. Program Development and Planning
- Coordinates with center staff to integrate family partnership goals with classroom efforts and to ensure integrated child and family curriculum.
- Participates in team management functions of planning, implementing and evaluating Family and Community Partnership goals and objectives.
- Participates in in-service, workshops, conferences and college courses to enhance skills.
B. Program Implementation
- Recruits prospective families and assists with enrollment process.
- Conducts home visits to facilitate family plans, assists families in achieving identified goals and follow-up on referrals. Acts as a case manager and works cooperatively with local agencies to assist families to linkup with services in the local community.
- Assists with the completion of the child health screening, other required screenings and assessments and is familiar with referral requirements.
- Conducts and documents follow-up on all referrals.
- While respecting family confidentiality, regularly shares information with teachers to ensure coordinated services that meet the needs of individual children and families.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
$10.44 HS/GED $11.49 Family Credential $12.53 AA Degree $13.58 BA Degree
Minimum requirement is a credential or certification in social work, human services, family services, counseling or related field within eighteen months of hire. An AA or higher in Social Work or Human Services or related human services field is preferred.