Customer Service Representative - On-site Hospital
Bessemer - Alabama (AL),
Estimated salary $53,046 - $68,961 a year
Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.Responsibilities:
The Call Center Representative, under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, performs a variety of duties related to the customer service and self-pay functions. Such duties may include, but are not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Answer inbound customer service calls and make some outbound follow up calls in a professional, patient experience and customer service-oriented manner.
- Answer the calls timely without drops/abandons.
- Ascertain the reason for the call and assist the caller with their questions, concerns or problems with the focus on first call resolution.
- Facilitate resolution by referring the matter to the issue/content expert.
- Escalate the matter to a supervisor, request the appropriate information or take appropriate action so that the issue expert can effectively resolve the matter.
- Resubmit Corrected Claims and supporting documentation as need for the patient experience.
- Communicate with other organizational departments to ensure proper handling of patient accounts.
- Communicates issues to management timely and performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisors.
- Perform a variety of duties often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year experience in office setting in healthcare facility
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Flexibility and responsiveness in managing multiple projects in sometimes high-pressure situations simultaneously
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Plan, direct, and
coordinate work activities of others
Frequently communicates with clients and coworkers and must be able to share information effectively
Generally works in an office environment
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at [email protected] All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.