Birmingham - Alabama (AL),
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is seeking a Resource Scheduler for its Vancouver, LA, Pelham, Linthicum Heights locations.
This role is integral to ensure safe and excellent Field Service for all existing and new customers. This position will be a direct point of contact for all service needs and scheduling of all service jobs in Electrification Industrial Solutions (ELIS) group. Lastly this position will be responsible for matching the technical skill sets of the Field Service Team to the needs of customer.
- Responsible for deploying appropriately trained and qualified Field Services Engineers & Technicians to meet the demands and schedules of customers.
- Responsible for maintaining 100% accurate resource schedules using MSA and SAP software.
- Responsible for maintaining monthly/quarterly resource forecasts for scheduled, planned, and proposed work.
- Responsible to interact with current and new customers to define service requests and ensure service solutions fit customer needs.
- Responsible for communicating job requirements and logics to Field Service Engineers and Technicians prior to deployment.
- Responsible for optimization of resource utilization to meet and/or exceed customer expectations.
- Responsible to liaise with Project Managers to staff larger service jobs and to ensure skills sets are aligned with required task.
- Assist with capacity planning activities for their support areas.
- Identify critical skills gaps within their support areas and work with Training Leader to address gap.
- Monitor utilization of resources and develop plans to improve utilization.
- Follow-up with Field Resources on missing timesheets, missing Field Service Reports or other deliverables.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field and a minimum of two (2) years of experience, or alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
- Experience supporting Industrial/Electrical
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [email protected] Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.