Manager - Distribution
Birmingham - Alabama (AL), 35222
Birmingham Water Works Board
Birmingham Water Works
Job Title: Distribution Manager Department: Distribution
Reporting Relationship: AGM of Engineering & Maintenance Exempt Status: Exempt
Responsible for the direction and management of the Distribution Department. These activities include oversight and supervision of the installation, maintenance, repair, enlargement and relocation of distribution facilities and appurtenances. Provide leadership to the department to accomplish business goals to include providing excellent customer service and quality water to customers. Prepares and presents reports as needed to management. Seek to develop an environment where workforce is engaged and committed to the success of the organization. Champion and ensure the consistent application of HR and Organizational policies and create and maintain a Safety 1st work culture.
Directly supervises employees in the Distribution department. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Responsible for operation, maintenance, and work inspection of employees engaged in the installation and repair of water mains, service connections, service lines, fire hydrants, valves, and related operations of the water distribution system.
2. Responsible for demonstrating the Organization’s Core Values at all times and for using performance management principles to continuously improve effectiveness, efficiency, products, and services for the department and organization. This includes, but is not limited to, participating on improvement of employees performance, continual development of departmental KPI’s, recommending and implementing improvement ideas, and participating in training and other activities to keep up to date on processes, information, etc.
3. Champion and ensure the administration of safe work practices and operations in accordance with BWWB Safety Program and Best Practices.
4. Develop and analyze data to monitor the performance of equipment, materials, and subcontractors.
5. Supervise preparation of ordering materials and maintenance costs for the Department.
6. Manage and coordinates water distribution shut downs in area of control; notifies all impacted stakeholders and customers of water outages and work to be performed.
7. Assist in the preparation of the yearly departmental Operations & Maintenance and Capital Budget. Manage the departmental budget and approve invoices for payment. Seek ways to be efficient and control costs.
8. Assists in the preparation of specifications for replacement of pipeline and paving.
9. Prepare and review specifications for various construction equipment and/or other equipment used in the construction maintenance, and operation of the Distribution Department.
10. Receive complaints from customers and others regarding damage to their property by construction, maintenance, or operation of our Distribution Department and refer complaints to employees for reports and possible action. Work proactively with Risk Management to resolve and reduce incidents related to property damage.
11. Ensure all Organizational polices and guidelines are documented, adhered to and administered correctly to include the HR Management Guide, Employee Handbook, reviewing and approving timesheets, expense reports, complying with applicable employment laws, etc.
12. Develop and support a performance-oriented culture by demonstrating strong leadership and people development skills. Seek to develop key performance measurements and develop / support a work environment that recognizes, develops, holds accountable, and rewards talent to meet current and future workforce needs.
13. Collaborate with Risk Management, insurance company adjusters, and lawyers on liability claims from damage caused by broken mains, etc., and accompany lawyers to court as needed.
14. May be required to work outside of normal business hours to ensure efficient operations and may be called out to work 24/7 as business needs arise.
15. Experienced with computer software such as MS Office Suite, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, SAP, and as well as any additional hardware or software acquired by the BWWB.
16. Perform additional duties and responsibilities as requested or directed.
Education & Certification:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Engineering, or related fields; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Master’s Degree in a related field preferred.
Ten years of
10 – 15 Employees Directly
125 - 150 Employees Indirectly
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid Alabama Driver’s License
ADEM Grade I Operator preferred
Ability to stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time
Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard
Communication skills using the spoken word
Ability to see within normal parameters
Ability to hear within normal range
Ability to move about
Moderate noise (business office)
Occasionally outside, exposed to extreme cold/hot and/or wet weather conditions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Understands business implications of decisions;
- Displays orientation to profitability;
- Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition;
- Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations;
- Responds promptly to customer needs;
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service;
- Responds to requests for service and assistance;
- Meets commitments.
- Works within approved budget;
- Develops and implements cost saving measures;
- Contributes to profits and revenue;
- Conserves organizational resources.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner;
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully;
- Develops alternative solutions;
- Works well in group problem solving situations;
- Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities;
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views;
- Gives and welcomes feedback;
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
- Puts success of team above own interests;
- Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives;
- Supports everyone's efforts to succeed;
- Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others;
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well;
- Effectively influences actions and opinions of others;
- Inspires respect and trust;
- Accepts feedback from others;
- Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates;
- Gives appropriate recognition to others;
- Displays passion and optimism;
- Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
- Treats people with respect;
- Keeps commitments;
- Inspires the trust of others;
- Works with integrity and ethicalness;
- Upholds organizational values.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities;
- Uses time efficiently;
- Plans for additional resources;
- Sets goals and objectives;
- Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks;
- Develops realistic action plans.
- Observes safety and security procedures;
- Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines;
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions;
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
_________________________________________________ ___________ Signature Date