Birmingham - Alabama (AL), 35242
Longleaf Liberty Park
Estimated salary $18 - $22 an hour
About the Company:
We are a premier senior living retirement community dedicated to creating a welcoming, warm environment for the residents who call our community home. We offer competitive pay, comprehensive rewards program, and a true team environment. If you are looking for a challenging and highly rewarding career, we want to hear from you!
What You Will Do:
- Conduct routine survey of building and grounds to ascertain maintenance needs.
- Evaluate the physical and aesthetic condition of the facility, including individual resident apartments, and make recommendations or arrange required renovations or refurbishment.
- Prepare maintenance and repair work orders; work within established deadlines evaluating progress and ensuring quality of work.
- Complete preventive maintenance on all equipment as scheduled.
- Repair malfunctions and/or coordinate and assist on any such repairs with outside contractors.
- Repair household and commercial appliances, including dishwashers, washing machines, dryers, ranges, and microwave ovens and/or coordinate and assist on any such repairs with outside contractors.
- Seed, fertilize, water, trim, and edge turf areas. Collect and dispose of weeds, leaves, and debris.
- Water, weed, edge, and cultivate planting beds. Prune dead leaves and branches. Spread mulch, topsoil, and other aggregates. Assist in replacing plants as needed. Clean paved
Why You Are Qualified:
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- At least three (3) years of related work experience required
- Working knowledge of machinery, tools, repair techniques and related repair, electrical systems, phone systems, fire panels, emergency response systems and disaster preparedness required.
- On a daily basis, throughout the workday: Must be capable of sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs, reaching, turning, bending, stooping, crouching and kneeling, reaching over the head, grasping with both hands, and fine manipulation. Must physically be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and exert up to 50 pounds of pressure unassisted.
Why You Should Apply:
- Competitive pay.
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and more.
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) & Holiday Pay programs
- Flexible working schedule
Job Seeker Friends! If this job isn t for you, perhaps you know someone who would be a perfect fit send them the link to this job. Thanks!
Hired candidates will be required to successfully complete a criminal background check, valid references, pre-employment drug test, physical and proof of employment eligibility. EOE.