Family Development Specialist
Birmingham - Alabama (AL), 35222
Estimated salary $53,046 - $68,961 a year
Join the SAFY Family
Do you have a passion to serve families and youth right where they are?
Does seeing transformation in the lives of family and children motivate you?
We are seeking a mission focused professional to serve as a full time Family Development Specialist responsible for serving SAFY of Birmingham, Alabama by providing initial and on-going training and development of foster families and conduct/write initial and recertification home studies.
As a Family Development Specialist, you would:
- Pursue all inquiries of interest from parties interested in becoming foster parents.
- Perform a home study of prospective foster parent(s) and their home environment according to SAFY policy and specific requirements of the state.
- Organize and schedule the foster parent(s) pre-service training program. This includes, arranging presenters, locating and
What you bring to this role:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in the field of social work.
- LBSW or LMSW, is required in the State of Alabama.
- Three years of relevant experience in Child Welfare from a public or private agency with clinical service delivery