Birmingham - Alabama (AL),
St. Vincent's Health System, AL
We Are Hiring
Credentialing Assistant - St. Vincent’s Birmingham
Why Join Ascension:
In Alabama, St. Vincent's Health System operates five hospitals (St. Vincent’s Birmingham, St. Vincent’s Blount, St. Vincent's Chilton, St. Vincent’s East, and St. Vincent’s St. Clair) in addition to several other healthcare facilities. St. Vincent's Health System employs more than 4,800 associates and has been serving Birmingham for more than 118 years.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What you will do:
As an Associate with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity to processes credentialing and re-credentialing applications of health care providers.
- Reviews applications, prepares verification letters and maintains database.
- Contacts medical office staff, licensing agencies, and insurance carriers to complete credentialing and re-credentialing applications.
- Completes administrative duties, such as ensuring state medical licenses are up-to-date and checking the status of new licenseapplications.
- Ensures compliance with accreditation standards and legal requirements related to the Medical staff.
What you will need:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Credentialing Specialist credentialed from the National Association Medical Staff Services.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1 year hospital credentialing experience or 2 years medical experience
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)