CLINICAL COUNSELOR ASSOCIATE
Birmingham - Alabama (AL), 35294
University of Alabama at Birmingham
This position will provide counseling and educational services to students in individual, couples and group settings. To provide client intake, assessment and crisis intervention. To assist in the mission of the department in providing outreach, education and consultation to UAB students and campus community.
1. Direct service activities: individual, group and couples counseling, crisis intervention.
2. Program development and outreach activities, including presentations, trainings and psychoeducation.
3. Case management, documentation, clinical staffing treatment planning.
4. Consultation to campus (faculty, staff, students), serve on departmental, division or campus-wide committees,
research and evaluation of activities of Student Counseling Service.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
(Annual Salary: $38,209.6 - $60,008.00)
Master s degree in a related field required. Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
The ideal candidate should have experience presenting and teaching on mental health topics appropriate and relevant to the college population; ability to collaborate and work with others across University departments.
Primary Location University
Job Category Professional & Managerial
Organization 142002000 Counseling Services
Employee Status Regular
Shift Day/1st Shift