FACILITY ADMINISTRATOR-SCHOOL OF MEDICINE DEAN'S OFFICE
Birmingham - Alabama (AL), 35294
University of Alabama at Birmingham
To assist with master planning initiatives, conduct space assessments and utilization and to coordinate administrative and personnel logistical departmental support for the School of Medicine.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages, conducts and coordinates facilities planning, common equipment management, project management and energy management/sustainability for assigned area.
- Maintains physical security system, conducts facility walk-throughs and provides facility management during emergencies.
- Facilitates and coordinates with action items generated from Master Planning initiative.
- Conducts space assessments and utilization.
- Conducts cost analysis and enters the information into appropriate programs.
- May oversee general contractors.
- Manages equipment, DI water system and helps implement cost saving measures.
- Interfaces with customers to obtain quotes, set-up users and install detectors.
- Manages project management capacities, performs tasks necessary to keep projects running smoothly and ensures compliance with government and safety regulations.
- May assist with Facility Alert Database, coordinates shutdowns and facilities management and assists with monitoring chronic issues.
- May Initiate, execute and maintain logs of Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) and manage Temptrack temperature monitoring system for SOM.
- May serve as the Safety/OHS Officer for the department, including ensuring that labs function and operate within current policies and procedures, investigates and responds, if needed, to space/facility-related audits, and is the On the Job Injury (OJI) point of contact.
- May serve as the Departmental Accountable Equipment Officer, maintains departmental capital equipment inventory list, performs annual equipment/asset inventory, processes all Equipment Deposition Forms, and assists all faculty/staff with purchasing of capital equipment as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Annual Salary Range: $52,228.80 - $82,867.20
Bachelor's degree in a related field and three (3) years of related experience required. Work experience may substitute for education requirement.
Primary Location University
Job Category Professional & Managerial
Organization 310000000 School of Medicine Dean's Office
Employee Status Regular
Shift Day/1st Shift