Site DT Leader, Program Manager
Decatur - Alabama (AL),
Are you interested in auto parts? Does the thought of getting in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing enterprise excite you? If so, we have a great opportunity for you!
The Parts House (TPH), one of the largest auto parts wholesale distributors in the Southeast and Caribbean, is looking for energetic individuals to join its team!
TPH’s ideal candidate would be responsible for the following:
Drives truck or automobile along established route to deliver and sell products, render services, collect money from customers, and complete the following tasks:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review daily schedule provided by dispatcher.
- Check accuracy of parts to invoice.
- Load vehicles and inform dispatcher of completion.
- Sign in and out of TPH’s dispatching system before and after deliveries.
- Drive vehicle to deliver parts to customer’s place of business per scheduled route.
- Collect customer returns, empty containers and unsold merchandise.
- Collect payment from COD customers and record transactions on customer receipts.
- Issue or obtain customer signature on receipt for pickup delivery.
- Listen to customer questions and concerns and communicate them to the Dispatcher upon return.
- Create Returned Goods Forms (RFG) for any returned product. Completely fill them out and provide a signed, pink copy to the customer.
- Perform weekly vehicle maintenance checks every Monday morning, or as needed; report needed maintenance to the Location Manager or Dispatcher.
- Clean inside of truck every Friday afternoon, or as needed.
- Assist with warehouse duties when not on route, such as stocking shelves or racks.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent Customer Service
- Able to manage difficult or emotional customer situations, respond promptly to customer needs, solicit customer feedback to improve service, and respond to requests for service and assistance. Offer to assist the customer.
- Proficient Communication
- Able to speak clearly and persuasively, listen carefully and respond accordingly, participate in meetings, and read and interpret information.
- Positive Ethical Conduct
- Treat people with respect, keep commitments, work with integrity and
- Follow instructions, respond to management directions, take ownership for personal actions, uphold commitments and complete tasks on time.
- Observe safety and security procedures, adhere to driving laws, determine appropriate action beyond guidelines, report potentially unsafe conditions and use equipment, vehicle and materials in a safe and proper manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the following qualifications. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Driver’s License
- Must have a valid driver’s license for the appropriate state, and a clean driving record for at least three years.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Education and/or Experience
- A high school degree, GED (General Educational Development) certification, or equivalency.
- Language Skills
- Able to read, write and comprehend simple instructions and short correspondences; able to effectively present information to customers, managers and fellow employees.
- Mathematical Skills
- Able to add and subtract two-digit numbers, and multiply and divide by 10’s and 100’s. Able to perform said operations using American units of money, weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Physical Demands
- Able to sit for reasonable amounts of time, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, talk, hear, and lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color and peripheral visions, as well as depth perception.
- Work Environment
- Able to work in wet and/or humid conditions, use ladders for pulling parts, and be exposed to outside weather conditions and forklifts in the warehouse.
- Dress Code
- The employee must be suitably attired and groomed during work hours, or while representing the company. Some positions require uniforms.
- Background Check and Drug Test
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.