Hydroblast Technician-Decatur, AL
Decatur - Alabama (AL), 35601
Thompson Industrial Services
JOB SCOPE / PURPOSE:
The Industrial Service Technician is to safely operate extremely high pressured water-blast units to clean customer systems (pipes, boilers, tanks, etc.) and operate industrial vacuum units.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Basic knowledge and ability to operate high-pressured water-blaster and vacuum equipment.
- Properly prepares equipment and worksite on a daily basis.
- Ensures that assigned tasks are performed safely with the highest level of quality.
- Effectively communicate with Front Line Supervisors on area such as safety, quality and integrity.
- Tools, equipment, machinery used: Large industrial cleaning equipment and materials, large industrial vehicles.
- May periodically use computers for training purposes.
- Working conditions: outside work, extreme temperatures, noisy conditions, shift work, flexible schedules, on-call hours, 24/7 availability.
- Physical effort required: Heavy lifting, working with large machinery, confined spaces, and heights.
- Travel required: Regular overnight travel will be required for this position.
- Able to read and write-no high school diploma required.
- Able to pass drug tests (pre-employment, random, and annual).
- Valid driver’s license preferred but not required.
- Able to physically control industrial hydro blasting and vacuum equipment.
- Able to carry industrial hoses (up to 60 lbs.) up and down multiple flights of stairs.
- Must be able and not afraid to enter confined spaces through a man hole.
- Must not be afraid of heights.
- Must be safety conscious and have good work ethics.
- Basic mechanical skills preferred.
- Ability to respond for assignments within 1 hour.
- Must have telephone access and able to be reached at all times.
- Must complete all pre and post training including safety, new hire, and regulatory.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Holidays, Vacation, 401K, Life.