Loader Operator - Dothan, AL
Dothan - Alabama (AL), 36303
Job ID: 159460
Conrad Yelvington Distributors, a CRH company, supplies and distributes aggregate materials such as granite, river gravel, limestone, natural sand, and more. This rail served aggregate distribution network covers Florida, Southern Mississippi, South Carolina, and Alabama.
The Equipment Operator (EO) moves, loads and handles materials in the terminal area with the use of heavy equipment. The EO will use large earth-moving machines, such as bulldozers, backhoes, excavators and front-end loaders and/or other huge machinery to lift, haul, push, roll, load and move aggregate and aggregate related materials.
The most important duty of the EO is to run the huge, expensive machines safely and capably.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities:
- Operate backhoes, bulldozers, loaders and/or other heavy equipment to excavate, move, load and grade earth, rock, gravel or other materials.
- Operate heavy equipment to move, load and unload materials into/out of railcars and/or other modes of transportation.
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment and clean, lubricate and refill equipment.
- Assist Yard Manager and/or Yard Foreman in coordinating materials handling and equipment usage.
Be able to perform the following specific tasks:
- Operate general construction equipment at the terminal when given training.
- Required to lift 50 pounds.
- Complete miscellaneous jobs according to instructions given.
- Knowledge of the use and capabilities of heavy equipment and machinery used in maintenance and construction tasks.
- Knowledge of both traffic and safety rules.
- Knowledge of the practices and techniques applied to the safe operation of heavy equipment.
- Ability to keep records and make oral or written reports.
- Ability to make simple arithmetic computations.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to climb, bend, stoop, and squat frequently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public.
- Ability to work long hours out-of-doors, occasionally under adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to communicate effectively using speaking, hearing, writing, and vision
- Ability to operate heavy and complex equipment requiring skill and the exercise of independent judgment.
- Need to insure that equipment is operating in a safe and sound manner and capacity to keep records pertaining to such operations.
- Ability to perform manual labor incidental to the assigned task.
- Desire to perform related work as required.
- Graduation from high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma preferred.
Three years of experience in public works maintenance and/or construction work, one year of which involves the operation of a variety of heavy equipment. A comparable amount of directly related experience may be substituted for the minimum educational requirements.
- Must maintain a safe driving record and have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be reliable, hard working and able to work in a team environment.
Shift differential may apply
an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Keywords: labor; yard maintence; yard laborer
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Conrad Yelvington Distributor is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.