Dedicated Logistics Manager
Fort Payne - Alabama (AL), 35968
The Dedicated Logistics Manager has ownership of the dedicated account’s profitability through the day to day operations, which include driver management, load planning, and all customer service functions needed to ensure customer satisfaction. The operational functions include supervision of personnel, revenue generation, billing, safety, recruiting, equipment maintenance monitoring, and driver payroll. Coordinates and enforces standards and procedures to work safely and meet key performance indicators (KPI’s) established by Werner Enterprises and our customer.
Overall account management of key factors such as account profitability, revenue generation, invoicing, personnel management, driver turnover, fleet sizing, load planning, and direct/on-site
Daily supervision of office personnel (0-10 employees) and drivers (1-200 employees) assigned to respective account.
Assigning drivers to loads by optimizing load information such as origination, destination, type of freight, number of miles, stops, directions, while always keeping the drivers needs and availability in mind. This is done using the AS400 computer system, Qualcomm satellite, face-to-face communication, and phone.
- Demonstrates a commitment to safety with the support of corporate safety department, enforcing compliance with Federal, State and Organizational rules and regulations.
- Reviews and audits weekly invoicing for accuracy.
Establish and maintain positive and professional working relationships with drivers, internal
associates and customers.
- Monitor performance metrics and participate in customer meetings.
- Coordinate the maintenance of the assets and equipment designated to the account.
- Coordinate HR functions such as interviewing, hiring, discipline and terminations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university Business Administration with an emphasis in Marketing, Management, or Transportation/Logistics, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to three years of customer service and transportation experience is a preferred.
- Previous experience in AS400 is a plus.
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.