Hartselle - Alabama (AL), 35640
Cerro Wire LLC
This is a 3rd Shift Position:
Summary Description of Position
The multi-craft maintenance technician is responsible for maintaining the plant in a safe and reliable condition.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- 2 Years of post-secondary schooling in an industrial maintenance related field, Associates Degree Preferred.
- 3 Years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment or 5-7 years in industrial maintenance as a multi-skill technician.
- Experience troubleshooting motors, drives, electrical circuits, hydraulic systems, power transmission, and robotics.
- Must have the ability to read and understand ladder logic, electrical, and mechanical diagrams.
- PLC experience a plus.
Major Responsibility Areas and Duties
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the plant.
- Responsible for responding to all unplanned downtime or breakdowns on machines.
- Plan and execute maintenance activities for non-routine problems or issues.
- Troubleshoot equipment and system problems for manufacturing and facility equipment both routine and complex using a method of troubleshooting to get to a root cause.
- Design, fabricate and install mechanical and electronic equipment and perform program changes.
- Weld stainless steel, carbon steel, and aluminum, fabricating guards, etc. as required.
- Be engaged in safety, compliance, and continuous improvement.
- Lead and assist in the planning, coordination and performance of shutdown and major maintenance activities.
- Complete all training as required and perform OJT to other employees as required.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Perform housekeeping of shop and areas where maintenance activities were performed.
- Machine part on a lathe or mill for replacement of repair or worn parts.
- Wire and repair electric motors, repair basic wiring according to NEC.
- Responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting problems with AC drive systems and PLCs. Should be able to access and interpret PLC logic via a laptop computer or other using the appropriate communication language.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on plant equipment, to include lubrication, repairs, and adjustments, cleaning, and troubleshooting.
- Advises operators and others of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with safety procedures.
- Performs lockouts or tag out as required.