Human Resources Generalist
Huntsville - Alabama (AL), 35802
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We’re growing fast: we’ve added substantially to our organization in roles across the board – and that expansion will continue. We’re also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
Our plans are very ambitious—and very achievable. To get where we want to be, Abaco needs our people to be the best of the best. We seek people who are on top of their game –but who also bring with them the following key attributes:-
- Unwavering commitment in ensuring that we offer the industry’s best customer experience
- A belief that ethics, integrity, and honesty are the fundamental building blocks of any great business
- To be free – encouraged to-bring new ideas to the table and take responsibility for seeing them through
- To value working with others of the same caliber – smart, talented, committed
- And finally, want to work for a company that is going places and that will be a great place not just for a job – but a career
We are actively looking for a Human Resources Generalist. As Human Resources Generalist you will:
- Implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Serve as administrator for benefits and leave programs serving all Abaco employees
- Serve as 401k administrator
- Support employee relations initiatives and actions
- Develop and support diversity initiatives through talent acquisition and workforce education.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, concerns or other issues
- Collaborate with leadership to nurture a positive working environment
- Support a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance
- Proven working experience as HR Generalist (minimum 3 years)
- People-oriented and results-driven
- Demonstrable experience with employee benefits (Hourly/Salary)
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases (Workday experience highly desired)
- Excellent active listening, negotiating and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- Degree in Human Resources or equivalent experience
- Advanced PC and Excel skills
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We’re a team with a common goal – and we’re passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We’re not just given responsibility – we’re actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and – we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization – why not join us?