Specialist, Ethics & Compliance / Ethics & Compliance Progra...
Huntsville - Alabama (AL), 35806
Estimated salary $11.91 an hour
Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader providing propulsion and energetics to its space, missile defense, strategic, tactical missile, and armaments customers throughout domestic and international markets. Aerojet Rocketdyne offers a complete line of propulsion products for launch vehicles, missile defense, and advanced hypersonic propulsion.
The Ethics & Compliance Program Manager applies expertise to fulfill the Ethics & Compliance program’s mission to prevent and detect misconduct and to drive a culture of ethics at Aerojet Rocketdyne. This position will be responsible for developing and interpreting policies, overseeing investigations, and will have oversight of the daily administration of the Ethics & Compliance program.
This position reports to the Ethics & Compliance Director and will be based in Huntsville, AL
This current opening may be filled at this level as posted or at one level higher.Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each):
60% Day-to-day management of the company’s Ethics & Compliance program.
Ethics & Compliance Program Manager will:
- Develop and update the code of conduct compliance related policies and procedures, forms, compliance tools and procedures, as necessary
- Coordinate compliance audit/review activity with audit activity external and internal auditors
- Create and draft communication to support awareness of AR Values, Ethics, and Compliance
- Design and implement Ethics & Compliance training
- Supports General Counsel and program counsel on matters related to legal, business conduct, conflicts of interest, and/or compliance
- Compile and analyze the corporate enterprise-wide ethics metrics, analysis of trends, and corrective action plans to brief the executive staff and to Audit Committee
- Maintain a current understanding of regulatory trends and changes in law and advises appropriate management of trends affecting their activity
- Advise employees on Ethics, Code of Conduct, and Conflicts of Interest-related matters
- Facilitate and participate in the Self-Governance Working Group forum for compliance subject matter experts.
- Day-to-day oversight of AR’s
“Ethics Liaisons” program
30% Ethics Hotline and Internal Investigations
- Conduct (or assist with) internal investigations on a wide range of issues based on reports to the Ethics department or hotline
- Oversee case management; provide guidance to investigators; review investigation reports as needed
10% Special Projects. Support the Ethics Director, Legal Department, functional COEs, and Business Unit management on matters related to ethics, compliance, contracts, litigation and other matters as assignedRequirements:
A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three (3) years of related work experience in law, contracts, regulatory analysis, investigations, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced degree in law and the ability to obtain a certified ethics & compliance credential (SCCE/CCEP) is strongly preferred.
Experience in auditing, researching or investigating complex matters would be a significant plus. Prior experience in ethics/compliance or other regulatory matters preferred.
Must be capable of handling a broad workload and be adaptable to a variety of special assignments in the execution of the Ethics & Compliance function. The ability to travel to various Company sites from time to time is required.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit and to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 15 pounds; may require minimal walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.