Huntsville - Alabama (AL), 35811
Under immediate supervision, installs subassemblies into Schwarze product to form structural assemblies of sweepers, partially or completely, for the assembly line. Positions parts according to knowledge of unit being assembled or by following manuals and diagrams. Uses hand tools, power wrenches, gauges, and power tools, to perform operations on the assembly line
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Sets up job by locating parts and correct job numbers.
- Installs hydraulic and electrical components.
- Fastens parts together with bolts, screws, spaced clips, rivets, cotter pins or other fasteners using hand tools and portable power pneumatic tools (i.e. impact wrench).
- Positions and bolts engine block components to truck body using wrenches hammer and power hoist.
- Assembles truck body of unit and preps hopper.
- Bolts subassemblies, power module, fan housing, set fan clearance to engine, using torque wrench and other hand tools.
- May remove small quantities of metal with hand files and pneumatic tools to produce close fit between parts.
- May operate drills or riveting machines or hydraulic crimping machine to assist in assembly operation.
- Identify and distribute parts to proper location.
- May operate forklift and crane/hoist.
- Required to accurately record work order information and inventory transactions. Assist with inventory corrections as needed.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. High school diploma or GED certificate required.
2. Ability to read blue prints.
3. Ability to lift, push or pull 50 - 75 pounds alone. Able to wear appropriate personal protective
equipment, including steel toe shoes.
4. Manual dexterity; mechanically inclined and good eye/hand coordination.
5. Knowledge and skill in use of caliper and other measuring devices.
6. Ability to operate a forklift and overhead crane.
7. Problems solving and troubleshooting skills required.
8. Good communications skills, both verbal and written.
9. Able to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays as required.
10. Knowledge of and ability to use both powered and hand tools.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Schwarze Industries (member of the Alamo Group Inc.) is currently accepting applications to fill the position of Assembler at its Huntsville, AL facility.
Interested individuals must apply to the job opening on the Alamo Group Inc. job board found at www.Alamo-Group.com in the career section under Schwarze.