Huntsville - Alabama (AL),
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) has an exciting opportunity for a Test Technician to join a dynamic team in Huntsville, AL.
- Works with Engineering, Quality Control, Manufacturing, vendor and customer representatives during definition, buildup, testing, and acceptance operations.
- Performs functional check out and operational/component testing of electrical/electronic, electro-mechanical, electro-optical, mechanical systems, electronic, RF, and ground support equipment installations including the operation, and maintenance of associated support equipment.
- Performs fault isolation of complex electrical circuitry.
- Analyzes test and rejection history to identify problems and develop corrective action.
- Recommends and make refinements to equipment, sub-assemblies, test and integration processes.
- Works from engineering drawings, schematics, work orders, technical documents and formal direction.
- May also be required to perform duties around hazardous materials and RF energy while maintaining a safe working environment.
- Possess technical skills and abilities to work in a team environment with minimal amount of supervisor instruction or direction.
This is a union represented position (IAMAW 2766)
Candidates must be willing to work any shift.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance (Secret) for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. (Ability to obtain interim and/or final clearance post start.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience operating non-automated Stand-alone test equipment.
- Experience in the use of electronic measurement and test equipment.
- Experience troubleshooting fault isolate complex electronics systems.
Preferred Qualifications (Desires Skills/Experience):
- Test and troubleshooting experience of advanced Electronic Systems (i.e. Electro-Optical Guidance Systems, Radar Tests and/or RF Seeker).
Minimum of a two year technical degree and five years of experience or a minimum of 10 years of experience without a degree.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.