Transcriptionist - HSV
Huntsville - Alabama (AL),
Clearview Cancer Institute
Medical Transcriptionists transcribe, proofread and edit complex technical, medical reports for a broad range of clinical specialties and departments using word processing equipment. Medical Transcriptions create permanent patient records documenting patient care, medical procedures and treatments.
Essential Job Functions
- Receive pre-recorded audio notes from physicians.
- Review audio recordings for content.
- Transcribe recordings to type-written format using keyboard, computer, and audio control equipment.
- Transcribe dictation for a variety of medical reports such as patient histories, physical examinations, and operations.
- Review transcribed documents for accuracy and submit documents to medical records.
- Translate medical jargon and abbreviations into their expanded forms to ensure the accuracy of patient and health care facility records.
- Transcribe a minimum of 100 documents per week.
- Ability to complete work regularly and on time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to operate word processing and transcription equipment.
- Must have knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology.
- Must have understanding of medico legal implications and responsibilities related to the transcription of patient records.
- Must be able to type quickly and accurately.
- Must have excellent knowledge of English language rules.
- Must be able to translate oral information into well-organized, accurately typed statements.
- Must have excellent proofreading skills.
- Must have excellent listening skills including the ability to hear and understand dialects and various accents.
- Must be able to maintain a schedule and work well under little supervision.
- Must be able to transcribe a minimum of 100 documents per week.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have at least (1) year experience in medical transcription.
This is a home-based position that works for a busy outpatient oncology/hematology clinic. No direct patient contact is required.
This position requires that the employee be able to sit at a desk and work on a computer for up to eight hours a day. This position requires that the employee be able to work from home.
- High School or better in General/Basics