Huntsville - Alabama (AL), 35806
COLSA Corporation is seeking an entry level Operations Controller (Systems Analyst 1). This candidate will provide ground system support services for the International Space Station Payload Operations Center and other NASA programs. The Operations Controller is responsible for configuring, monitoring, and recovering critical ground systems services required to support Space Station scientists and payload developers world-wide. Critical services include telemetry receipt, routing and archival, payload commanding, voice/video distribution, and configuration management systems. Operations are conducted 365X24X7. The individual selected must be able to work 11 p.m. to 7 a.m., including weekends (40 hours per week).
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
- Must have an Associate's degree in a related technical field or equivalent experience (4 years of experience may be substituted for degree)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance (US Citizenship is required)
- Must have working knowledge of desktop applications including word processing, spreadsheet, and database
- The individual selected must be able to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays (40 hours per week)
- Must have excellent writing and speaking skills
- Must be able to complete a long-term goal in a timely manner; the successful candidate will undergo an intense and rigorous training program and must complete the program within a two year time period in order retain their position and become console certified
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM-related field preferred
- Experience that demonstrates the ability to work well under pressure
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix and Microsoft command line functions preferred
- Previous experience working in a help desk call center, computer systems maintenance, plant operations, etc. preferred
- An interest in astronomy, NASA, and the space program
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.