Service Tech I
Huntsville - Alabama (AL),
Henssler Property Management
Job Summary: In coordination with the Community Manager and Service Supervisor, the Service Technician I’s primary responsibility is to ensure that all vacated apartments are thoroughly restored to “market ready” status in a timely manner and according to the Community Manager’s timetable and handle service requests that do not require HVAC certification. Assist the Service Supervisor in maintaining the physical integrity of the community. This involves ensuring a safe, secure, and comfortable living environment for residents, visitors and staff. The Service Technician I will carry out assigned duties in a safe manner and other duties as requested by the Service Supervisor or Community Manager. The Service Technician I reports to the Community manager.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Inspects vacated apartments and completes checklists in regard to make-ready.
- Informs Service Supervisor and Community Manager of needed services and repairs.
- Reports supply needs to Community Manager and/or Service Supervisor.
- Routinely performs the following duties in order to restore apartment to “market ready” status.
- Checks all lights and replaces as necessary.
- Replaces or repairs windows, latches, screens, hinges, sliding glass doors, shelves, baseboards, mirrors, closets.
- Checks applicable appliances and informs Service Supervisor of problems.
- Assists in changing or removing appliances from apartment.
- Makes keys when necessary.
- Checks faucets, sink plugs and repairs/replaces as necessary. Replaces washers when needed. Performs exterior repairs to sinks, bathtubs, etc., when warranted.
- Assists with painting duties when requested. Transfers paint from storage areas to apartments when painting is scheduled.
- Repairs or replaces curtains, mini-blinds, ceiling fans, etc.
- Repairs plaster holes in walls, paints as necessary.
- Inspects bathroom tiles,
- Learns and complies with all company safety rules.
- Uses appropriate safety equipment at all times.
- Immediately reports all unsafe conditions to Service Supervisor or Community Manager.
- Must be familiar with all safety features on equipment, machinery, or materials encompassed by job duties.
- Must check with supervisor if there is a question as to safe procedure to be used for any job function.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Technical Knowledge – knowledgeable in multiple specific trade areas.
- Safety and Health Management – Understands health and safety policies and procedures and ensures their proper application.
- Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Predictable and regular attendance and ability to report to work on time are required.
- Must be able to physically complete assigned job duties and take direction.