Huntsville - Alabama (AL), 35805
The Groundskeeper maintains and cleans walkways, landscaping, grounds and parking lots in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards and federal, state and local regulations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
· Responsible for daily upkeep of the property grounds which includes cleaning and removing of litter, and trash.
· Safely operate mower, hedge trimmer, string trimmer, edger, chain saw and small hand tools in performing job assignments.
· Edge along all curbs, sidewalks and hardscapes as directed by supervisory staff.
· Mow lawn areas (using walk mower) and all areas as identified by supervisory staff.
· Shovel sand, gravel and/or mulch as directed.
· Hand remove weeds as directed by supervisor.
· Operate a backpack or hand held blower for debris clean-up as prescribed by supervisor.
· Pick-up, empty and remove all debris and trash of assigned work area.
· Participate in landscape projects such as trimming shrubs, plants, and trees; installing plant materials; mulching; over-seeding; greenhouse maintenance and seasonal activities, and any miscellaneous landscape related tasks identified by supervisory staff.
· Maintain fuel and fluid levels for all types of equipment used on a daily basis.
· Report all equipment problems or failures to his/her supervisor or a mechanic immediately.
· Refuel and clean all equipment upon completion of assignment on a daily basis.
· Return all equipment to the designated area upon completion of the task.
· Keep the equipment storage areas clean and orderly.
· Be aware of and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and
company safety policies at all times.
· Responsible for thorough knowledge of hotel/company policies.
· Must possess a keen eye for detail and an ability to work well with the supervisory staff.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Proficient in using manual and power tools safely.
· Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and basic numbers. Ability to speak simple sentences.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
· Available to work overtime.
· Must be able to work in team
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be physically agile and dexterous and free from allergies that interfere with Groundskeeper duties.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit or stand for long periods of time; using arms, hands and legs repetitively; handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to walk, climb or balance, talk and hear.
· May be required to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Able to operate in mentally and physically stressful situations
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions ex: (heat, cold, rain)
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee often works with or near moving mechanical parts.
· The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can be often loud.
· The employee must be able to work outdoors daily and from time to time in inclement weather.
· High school education or equivalent is preferred.
· Previous grounds keeping or some related experience required.
· Must be over the age of 21 (if operating machinery and tools).
Job Type: Full-time
- groundsman: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction