Tier 1 Support Technician
Huntsville - Alabama (AL), 35816
Interweave Technologies is a leader in the computer, cabling, and technology service field. Interweave is looking to add great members to its organization. As part of the Interweave team, you will share in the responsibilities for projects from planning to completion. We are passionate about focusing on our customers by weaving together the right products, great people, and world-class service.
Our customers are in an aggressive growth mode and looking for strong installation teams to hit the ground running on new projects. Our customers range from large companies with a national footprint to smaller local companies who all need our support in the installation field.
If you are looking for a company whose core values are Passion, Family, Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation, and Customer Focus, come join Interweave Technologies.
Tier 1 Support Technician – Job Description:
Responsibilities include working with customers to implement technology solutions as well as troubleshoot issues to help our partners be successful in the field. You will perform technical and administrative work with the installation, upgrades, maintenance, and/or monitoring of various infrastructures, new and existing equipment, and cabling installations.
- Provide the first level of contact and support for our customers.
- Assist in implementing projects, jobs, and tasks.
- Coordinate materials, schedules, and field technicians.
- Verify technicians’ arrival and departure times.
- Provide first level support for technicians in the field.
- Escalate incidents or assignment of tasks if needed.
- Confirm receipt of reports, pictures, and any other required documents as per the SOW.
- Ensure that the projects start and complete on time and meet budget expectations.
- Update the ticketing system with appropriate data.
- Communicate information with customer and project managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One to three years of experience in information technology.
- One to five years of cabling experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as required for the position.
- Experience with hardware installation a plus.
- Experience with Email, Excel, Word, Google Docs, Dropbox, and an aptitude to learn other software packages as required.
- Education: High school, GED equivalent, or higher.
- Self-starter with exceptional problem-solving abilities coupled with a get-it-done attitude.
- Exercise the highest ethical standards.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check as a condition of employment.
- Health and Dental insurance.
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Personal Time.