Assistant Program Manager
Huntsville - Alabama (AL), 35808
n-Link Corporation was founded in 1995 as a high-end enterprise IT solutions firm attracting high-flying performers to join our company of owners. As a woman-owned small business, the founder created an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) in 1999 and 10 years later became 100% ESOP-owned. In 2011, the company was selected as a "Top Small Company Workplaces" by Inc. Magazine and was awarded the prestigious "Innovation Award" by the National Center for Employee Ownership (NCEO). n-Link has also won a place on Inc. Magazine's 500/5000 fastest growing companies list for several years.
n-Link provides competitive benefits to include, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
This position is contingent upon award notification.
The Assistant Program Manager assists the Program Manager in partnering with functional business process owners and leadership to make fundamental improvements to how information is managed and business processes are operated to improve IT Projects, the Portfolio, Enterprise Architecture expertise to the Division Chief of IT Policy and Planning in their oversight of federal IT Policy and Planning programs. This position will reside within the Cybersecurity Division, Cyber Operations Branch or Intelligence & Security Branch at Redstone Arsenal, AL.
The role is responsible for overall planning activities, prioritization and portfolio management, as well as all business aspects of the requirements. The ideal candidate will have a track record in ensuring that the final deliverable of a development project meets all of the intended needs of the environment.
- Develop, manage, and lead the process for identifying, evaluating, and prioritizing business needs, ensuring alignment with strategy and the efficient use of internal IT resources.
- Manage and oversee the functions for Project Management of IT Applications and Business Systems; Enterprise Architecture and Capital Planning Support; IT Portfolio Management and IT Governance Support; and IT Strategy and Communication Support.
- Partner with business teams and form solution strategy to meet business needs.
- Work across business processes to maintain an integrated approach to data flow and information management; define product requirements that meet the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Collaborate with IT leadership to inform resource planning and infrastructure needs.
- Provide ongoing project management of systems and
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Technology Business or related discipline
- Possess three (3) or more years of demonstrated experience in managing IT projects or programs focused on interpreting and applying IT policy and guidance to operational IT environments.
- Demonstrate experience in managing projects around the core concepts of Project Management Institute (PMI) methods, business process management, collaboration, and/or system development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated experience in applying project, portfolio, enterprise architecture, and capital planning practices with an IT organization.
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite applications of Outlook, Work, Access, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Proficiency in Excel to include performing data evaluation, formulas, and analytics.
- Proficiency to create project schedules and work breakdown structures in MS Excel or MS Project.
- Adept communication skills to include technical writing and oral presentations.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Active Secret Security Clearance
n-Link Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and we do not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or veteran status.