Mobile - Alabama (AL),
Greif, Inc. (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B) is a global leader in industrial packaging products and services and is pursuing its vision to become the world’s best performing customer service company in industrial packaging. The company produces steel, plastic and fibre drums, intermediate bulk containers, reconditioned containers, flexible products, containerboard, uncoated recycled paperboard, coated recycled paperboard, tubes and cores and a diverse mix of specialty products. The company also manufactures packaging accessories and provides filling, packaging and other services for a wide range of industries. Greif also manages timber properties in the southeastern United States. The company is strategically positioned with 290 operating locations in 43 countries to serve global as well as regional customers.
Improve the productivity and work quality of the Maintenance Department by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning and coordination of manpower, parts and materials, and equipment access. Planner acts as the liaison between Production, Maintenance and other departments. Responsible for planning and parts kitting for all non-emergency planned work. Also responsible for maintaining the Work Order System and documentation related to equipment history.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approach all aspects of the work with safety as the highest priority. Champion utilizing pre-hazard assessments, non-routine task assessments, hot work, confined space entry, roof and yard access permits, lock out sheets by working directly with employees and contractors to ensure safety policies/procedures are followed daily
- Complete job plans for scheduled work including locating parts by reviewing the work to be performed and determine the best way to accomplish the work consulting with Leads, Supervisors, mechanics, technicians, Originator, Production Supervisors and Stores personnel as necessary.
- Use these plans and other tools to assist mill with predictive maintenance, labor hours and work metrics with long-term focus on increased reliability and increased productivity of the workforce.
- Participates in complex-wide safety, housekeeping, and continuous improvement programs (Operational Excellence, Lean Manufacturing, etc.).
- Effectively communicate through Customer Excellence with supervisors in the all departments to ensure each area gets the needed maintenance service in a timely manner to meet the overall goals of the mill.
- Obtain and organize all information and parts required for the crafts to perform the work: drawings, vendor manual, sketches, drawings, notes or any instructional material for clarity. Information and referenced parts through the Computer Managed Maintenance Systems (CMMS) system.
- Update and identify missing procedures, additional parts, tool lists, lock out sheets or other improvements that need implementation before the work is assigned
- Communicate and manage the status of work control and backlog from submission to work order completion. Communicate daily and report scheduling and planning backlogs during daily approval meeting (DAM) and weekly scheduling meetings.
- Support the maintenance group to improve shutdown efficiencies and reduce unplanned downtime including leading outage critique meetings and gathering of key metrics.
- Through utilization of CMMS and other computer programs provide labor and cost estimates based on historical labor, material and outside services.
- Function as part of the Maintenance Management team utilizing lean manufacturing tools to increase machine reliability utilizing CMMS, Pareto charts, Kaizen events, Autonomous Maintenance, FMEA and other lean manufacturing tools as directed.
- Supervise and direct crafts in absence of Maintenance Manager or as directed
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Greif Standards of Business Conduct Policy and all other company policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
- Demonstrated the ability to adhere to healthy safety practices.
- Mechanical background is required. Associate’s degree or higher, apprenticeship program or technical school background is desirable or minimum of 6 years of direct maintenance work experience.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills through visualization and communication to effectively execute job plans to others.
- Good math skills and computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Project and various CMMS.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to read standard blueprints, machine and process drawings with the ability to sketch or redline existing drawings.
- Knowledge and understanding of the maintenance processes and proper use of the work order system, planning and scheduling, and storeroom processes.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities or projects and keep them progressing to completion.
- Must be able to practice time management skills.
- *Must be authorized to work in the United States.