Mobile - Alabama (AL),
Gulf Distributing Company of Mobile(GDC)
The Merchandiser is responsible for ensuring that all product merchandising within each assigned account meets the standards of Gulf Distributing Holdings.
Description of Physical Tasks:
Keep shelves and vendors clean. Place product on hand truck or dolly (approximately 20 to 50 lbs per case). Pushes/pulls hand truck to machine or shelves and loads appropriate product. Climbing in and out of vehicle and proper lifting techniques.
- Have a working knowledge of all assigned sales routes as a Salesperson in training and, if necessary, fill in during Salesperson sick and vacation times.
- Conduct a complete merchandising call on all assigned accounts on the proper day and in the established sequence.
- Merchandise all products in accordance with the standards of GDH at each assigned account.
- Build, merchandise and sign displays as directed by the manager.
- Fill and merchandise the complete product line including all coolers, shelves and displays. This includes front facing packages.
- Ensure all paper and permanent Point of Sale is used in the proper manner and quantity.
- When necessary call back on accounts to assist or complete the merchandising of delivered product.
- Complete all the special attention items to the Salesperson(s) or General Manager have identified in the account.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the owners, managers and employees of the accounts you merchandise.
- Be aware of all opportunities to increase sales in your assigned accounts
- Check and note pricing on all competitive products in each account; report variances to the General Manager.
- Work with your assigned account to improve your shelf position within their cooler and the placement of floor displays.
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in the business success of each account.
- Attend all safety and driver’s meetings, as well as sales meetings while covering a sales
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Gulf Distributing Holdings, LLC is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.