FT - Head Cashier
Mobile - Alabama (AL), 36619
Estimated salary $14 an hour
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Head Cashier, this means:
- Delivering a checkout experience that is quick, professional, and friendly.
- Ensuring merchandise is accurately scanned and meets the needs of the customer.
- Engaging in safe work practices and encouraging others to do the same.
Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
What We\'re Looking For
- Hourly Full Time or Part Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 or up to 25 hours per week, respectively; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
- Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
- Minimally must be able to lift 10 pounds without
What You Need To Succeed
- 6 months of experience using a computer, including inputting, accessing, modifying, or outputting information.
- 6 months of experience using a handheld device (e.g., mobile phone, LRT gun, palm pilot, tablet, iPod) to enter, access, and output information.
- 1 year of experience identifying and selling products based on customer needs, including credit cards, installations, add-on sales, protection plans, and explaining warranties, product features, and benefits.
- 1 year of retail experience.
- 1 year of experience as a head cashier.
- 6 months experience working in any department at a Lowe\'s retail store.
- 1 year of supervisory experience in any field, including directing, delegating, evaluating, training, and coaching employees.
- 6 months of retail experience detecting common signs of shoplifting (e.g., merchandise hidden inside of containers, merchandise under carts, price labels switched).
- 1 year of retail experience as a cashier.
If the state or local municipality requires a salesperson license for this position, you must either be licensed or pass the requisite licensing exam within sixty (60) days of starting employment in this position.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.