Mobile - Alabama (AL),
Providence Hospital, AL
We Are Hiring
Asst-Medical Lab Phlebotomist - Lab Main Hospital - Full-Time,Rotating - Providence Hospital - Mobile,AL
Why Join Ascension?
Providence Health System, based in Mobile, Alabama, operates a full service, 349-bed medical/surgical facility accredited by The Joint Commission. Since its founding in 1854, Providence has been serving, caring for and healing the people of Mobile and surrounding areas.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Providence Hospital-AL, you will have the opportunity to collect and process blood specimens for testing and performs multiple clerical and processing
- May draw and collect blood samples according to policy. Receive, centrifuge, accession, process and transport specimens. Verifies all related records.
- Works pending lists, orders add-on tests, and resolves duplicate orders.
- Sets up instruments. Maintains, cleans, and sterilizes equipment and work area following safety, cleanliness, and infection control procedures.
- Performs clerical duties which may include answering phones, reviewing EKGs, collecting patient demographic data for patient registration, ordering tests, ABNs, data entry and filing.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Phlebotomy Tech credentialed from the National Healthcare Association.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.