Orthodontic Operations Manager
Montgomery - Alabama (AL), 36106
Orthodontic Operations Manager
We are looking for a college graduate with possible masters in business administration to help grow our orthodontic practice. This person needs to be a detail oriented, punctual, optimistic, analytical, self-starting problem solver, requiring little oversight with good people skills and a leadership background.
- Coordinate HR
- Coordinate hiring and termination of future employees
- Hiring of orthodontists, office managers, and orthodontic assistants through placing job ads, conducting interviews, coordinating working interviews, etc
- Terminating employment would also be a part of this position
- Develop hiring policies/procedures
- Build a system for future hiring practices
- Develop training modules for team members
- Work with Doctors to develop training modules for accelerated development of team members
- Schedule/coordinate team meetings and retreats
- Develop meeting agendas
- Coordinate use of funding for team fun days
- Run meetings with the help of doctors
- Coordinate with Office Managers to address weekly HR needs based on sick days, vacation used, patient loads, etc
- Conduct quarterly employee interviews/assessments and offer feedback for development. Doctors will assist in assessments and can be involved in interviews when necessary.
- Revise Employee handbook where necessary
- Work with CFP to maintain/update office retirement plan based on HR needs
- Coordinate training of treatment coordinators
- Coordinate and schedule Continuing Education for Doctors
- Coordinate Marketing
- Work with Office Managers and marketing companies to implement strategies directed at growth of each location within its market
- Coordinate Scheduling Doctors in different locations based on an assessment of total patients, growth potential, holidays, vacation, etc
- Conduct periodic inventory reviews to help improve purchasing practices and leverage buying power
- Coordinate OSHA compliance policies/procedures and work with Office managers to implement
- Coordinate flow of information for policy/system changes with Office Managers at each location
- Coordinate and implement any Information Technology changes/upgrades in each office
- Develop a strategy for call center implementation in our Montgomery office location
- Possibly attend meetings to acquire skills/knowledge needed to grow the practice
- Software users meetings
- Business/tax seminars
- Disclaimer – This job could involve taking on anything outside of patient care that the doctors need help coordinating
- Quickbooks Online familiarity with ability to review accounting procedures.
- Good communication/motivation skills to help coordinate Office Managers and manage HR.
- Data Entry/Typing skills required
- Prior business operations experience recommended but not required
- Based primarily out of the Montgomery office location.
- Weekly/Monthly Reporting requirements
- Weekly video chats with doctors for strategy, planning, oversight, etc
- Weekly and monthly progress reports submitted to docs
- Work 4.5 days/week. ½ day Friday.
- Keep same office hours as the staff at the location in which you are working
- Hours may be extended if meeting with doctor after patient hours at another location
- 100 hours of paid leave/year
- No overtime pay
- 401K eligible
- Separate profit sharing plan based on practice growth.
- Travel to other locations for work minimum 2 days/week.
- This is a minimum and could change based on specific needs in that location (i.e. – office manager/key employee out, coordinating interviews in a specific location, team meetings in a specific location, etc)
- Cannot take vacation during peak times in our orthodontic practice. Ideally take vacation when doctors on vacation.
- $65-80K salary
- 100 hours paid leave/year (includes sick, personal, vacation, etc.)
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Profit sharing incentive package
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- operations management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Master's (Preferred)
- Montgomery, AL 36106 (Preferred)
- 50% (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply