Opelika - Alabama (AL),
The Payroll Specialist’s primary responsibility is the processing of client payrolls and the related payments, as well as the preparation of payroll tax returns.
Position Reports To
Payroll Manager and Senior Payroll Processing Specialist
The primary responsibilities of the Payroll Specialist are:
- Preparation of payrolls with related tax deposits and liability payments
- Preparation of payroll tax reports and W2 and 1099 forms
- Remitting various retirement payments on behalf of clients – 401k/IRA/etc.
- Processing 401k census and some workers comp/insurance audits
The skills and education required for this position are:
- Ability to budget time and prioritize tasks with minimum supervision
- Excellent understanding, comprehension, and ability to articulate payroll procedures
- Preferred 1 year of payroll processing or closely related experience
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Proficiency in use of computers and ability to learn various computer programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
Measures of Success
The Payroll Specialist will be deemed to have been successful when he/she has:
- Consistently completed the assigned tasks in an efficient and timely manner
- Received positive feedback from his/her clients and supervisors
- Developed a good working relationship with his/her clients
If you are interested in the Payroll Specialist position at Machen McChesney please submit your resume.