Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
Springville - Alabama (AL),
Milestones Behavior Group
Estimated salary $15 an hour
The Behavioral Technician will provide clinical skills instruction and behavior reduction protocols based upon the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis to children with Autism and related developmental disabilities in the home, community, and school settings. The Behavior Technician will facilitate the implementation of skill acquisition programs and behavior intervention plans under the supervision of BCaBA and or BCBA. The Behavior Technician will communicate with all team members, attend team meetings, collect and disseminate client data, and participate in ongoing training and to assist the client(s) in reaching their full potential. This job description describes essential job functions, but does not provide an exhaustive list of duties that may be assigned.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in conducting skill acquisition and behavior reduction assessments under the supervision of the Behavior Analyst.
- Assist in the development of individual treatment plans.
- Assist in ongoing staff education and training on client behavioral and skill acquisition protocols.
- Accept, apply and provide positive and constructive feedback to staff regarding clinical and professional skills on a regular basis.
- Facilitate day-to-day operations of the team by ensuring that all necessary paperwork, materials, scheduling, and documentation are up to date.
- With assistance from the supervise, update & maintain data collection systems & disseminate information to team.
- Provide direct client care in 1:1 settings utilizing a combination of intensive teaching and natural environment training arrangements.
- Follow the prescribed behavioral skill acquisition and behavior reduction protocols.
- Follow and record data for prescribed toilet training protocols.
- Collect, record, and summarize data on observable client behavior.
- Conduct parent and caregiver training in line with client's individualized treatment and behavior reduction protocols.
- Effectively communicate with parents and caregivers regarding client progress as instructed by the Board Certified Behavior Analyst.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Utilize safe and appropriate
- At least 6 months exemplary performance as a Behavioral Technician or ABA Therapist.
- At least 12 college credits and actively pursuing a degree in psychology or related field.
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Education, Applied Behavior Analysis, Speech and Hearing Services, or related field.
- At least 60 hours of college credit, enrollment in at least 6 hours per semester of college credit, and 2 years of exemplary performance as an ABA Therapist/Behavioral Technician may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree requirement.
- Highly Preferred: Coursework in Applied Behavior Analysis and interest in pursuing certification in the field of ABA.
- Employment Supervisor - Executive Director.
- Clinical Supervisor - Behavior Analyst.
- Supervisory Reports - Behavioral Technicians & ABA Interns (certain levels).
- Responsible for completing and maintaining all required certifications and trainings once employed including, but not limited to CPR, Fingerprinting & Background Checks, RBT trainings and other company in-services and trainings as directed by employment supervisor. The company will assist with these matters.
- Registered Behavior Technicians start at $15 per hour.
About Milestones Behavior Group:
No two people have exactly the same skill set or learning style. That’s why we create an individual behavior and skill acquisition plan for every client. Our team of Behavior Analysts and Speech/Language Pathologists brings a combined 75+ years of experience working with different populations and challenges and improving the quality of lives for people and families affected by learning disabilities and exceptionalities such as Autism.