Strategist I, Marketing
Alaska - Alaska (AK),
GCI's Strategist I, Marketing is r esponsible for taking high level company marketing strategy and applying across various marketing channels and tactics. Position will design and execute integrated communication and engagement plans by assessing competitive landscape, deeply understanding marketing trends, defining and measuring goals, and engaging key partners and creative teams along the way. The Marketing Strategist role will be assigned one of five primary focus areas. Areas of focus include but are not limited to; Channel Campaigns, Digital Support, Training and Sales Enablement, Communication or Digital Marketing Analytics.
Essential Du ti es of Position :
- Design and implement marketing strategies aligned with business targets
- Develop and measure campaigns to increase sales
- Analyze sales and marketing metrics
- Forecast marketing trends
- Generate innovative ideas to identify new opportunities
- Serve as subject matter expert in emerging marketing trends
- Ensure brand consistency through all marketing channels
- Use customer feedback to ensure client satisfaction
- Create content for product promotions and all marketing collateral and product launches
- Internal resource for front line staff inquiries and implementation.
- Design and implement effective marketing materials (social, email, web, print, etc.) to drive product and service customer growth.
Job Qua l i fications:
Knowledge, Skills and Ability :
- Proven work experience in developing and implementing marketing plans
- Demonstratable experience with marketing campaigns and marketing technologies
- Ability to handle and explain abstract concepts, adapt to everchanging environments and work outside of comfort zone
- Proven track record of learning new processes, systems, platforms; experience in multiple marketing technology channels such as website content management systems, data/analytical platforms, and direct communication channels (email, SMS, social) is strongly preferred
- Experience in marketing operations, project management and execution, and channel and platform management
- Proficient using micro soft applications i.e., Word , Excel , PowerPoi nt and Publisher required
- Experience and knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite required
- Knowledge of key marketing principles necessary to analyze the market; introduce plans , programs and promotions to meet market demand
- Learn and maintain knowledge of competitors, customers, and product & service solutions to position the Company as the leader in each market served.
- Highly motivated person with strong problem solving skills who works well as part of a team or independently and stying on task with the directive
- Excellent commu n i cat i on, negotiat i on, and i nter-personal skills
- Abi l ity to l ead teams and collaborat i vely i mp l ement p l ans and programs
- Outstanding attention to detail, highly organized with strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of Company customer service strategy and process highly preferred
- Industry and/or Company experience preferred .
Additional Job Requirements: Entry level within the strategist role and works under close supervion and conducts assighments as directed. Supports management and senior teams, Responsible to develop and implement marketing plans, promotions, incentive’s to achieve maximum growth and retention. Working collaboratively within the company developing and communicating process required to sell and service customers. Position will be responsible to develop marketing tactical plans and programs. Role will support sales and customer support with an emphasis on achieving customer growth, retention and market share.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in entertainment i ndustry in marketing, public relations, advertising or similar environment required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, community/pub l i c re l ation s or business administration r equired .
- Or, a combination of relevant work experience and/or education sufficient to perform the duties of
This position will have a Retail Focus:
The role requires a clear communicator, and strategic thinker who connects all aspects of the business to drive growth, and to manage the strategic vision for product inventory and execute visual merchandising. A high level of attention to detail and organization is a must in the fast-paced retail marketing environment. Ensures retail stores have proper inventory levels of products.
- Manage product inventory across all retail stores
- Proactively keep abreast of competitor marketing, product offerings, promotions, and industry trends
- Collect and organize data to inform inventory strategy, product marketing promotions and product development
- Adapting timelines as needed in a fast-paced environment
- Development of strategic plan deliverables including some or all of the following:
- Online research
- Data analysis
- Objective planning
- Formal presentations
- Responsible for the execution of dynamic product planograms and visual merchandising
- Aid in developing product marketing campaign briefs and communicating strategic objectives to internal team members to ensure projects are completed in alignment with strategy
- Report on key metrics, analyzing and interpreting product trends and providing actionable insights based on available analytics data
- Develop unique strategies and build upon current strategies to exceed objectives
- Perform ROI analysis to evaluate efficiency and effectiveness of different product marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Establish consistent communication with sales to gather feedback, deliver updates and ensure our sales teams have the tools they need
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Able to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflicting deadlines and priorities
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Experience inventory management
Physical Requirements: Physical effort may i nclude stoop i ng , kneeling , touch i ng , fee l in g , reach i ng, standing , wa l k i ng, pushing, pullin g , l i fting , fingering , grasping , talking , hearing, and repeti tive motions. Clarity of vision to see near , mid-range , and color. Ab i l i ty to l i ft and carry up to 25 lb s .
Working Conditions: Work is performed in an office environment . Position is fast-paced and subject to rap i d l y changing pr i or i t i e s , mu l tip l e dead l i nes and some stressful customer interacti ons. Travel to the rural markets and company locations/stores will be required. Also, the ability to work high profile conferences & events.
The company and its subsidiaries operate in a 24/7 environment providing critical services to Alaskans and may need to respond to public health and safety matters or other business emergencies. Due to business needs employees may be contacted outside of the normal business hours to respond to the immediate emergency. As such, you will be required to provide emergency after hours contact numbers, to include your home and cell phone numbers if you have those services.
Driving Requirements (if applicable): Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and a satisfactory driving record . Position requires occasional travel to other Company locations .
D i sclaimer: The above i n format i on on this description has been designed to ind i cate the general nature and l evel of work performed by employees within this class i fication . I t is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive i nventory of all dut i es, respons i b i l it i es, and qualification requ i red of employees assigned to thi s job .