Anchorage - Alaska (AK),
Focus Employer Solutions
Estimated salary $14 an hour
Full Time Regular
Primary Position Duties:
- Business Setting: Our small established internal medicine private practice is seeking an experienced medical receptionist. You will act as our patient's medical concierge: booking appointments, scheduling labs, studies, and referrals. Our patients will become like an extended family for you, so integrity and character are of utmost importance to this position. We need your people skills, and your attention to detail, coupled with an understanding of the medical world.
On a typical day you will see an average of 15 patients, but our patients will keep you busy and engaged from start to finish, as we aim to provide exceptional care in an efficient, respectful, and mature environment. You will play an integral in making this a reality.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Operate telephone to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments
- Greet persons entering practice, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations
- Schedule appointments and maintain and update appointment calendars
- Hear and resolve issues brought forward from clients
- File and maintain confidential records
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources
- Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, set up functions, enter data, or process information
- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person
Education or Skills:
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing client and personal services. This includes client needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of client satisfaction.
- Knowledge of system networks, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including
Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Actively looking for ways to help people.
Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Tools & Technology used for this position may include:
- Photocopying equipment including fax and scanner machines.
- Accounting software- Billing software; Intuit QuickBooks
- Data base user interface and query software
- Medical Electronic health record (EHR) software, e.g. McKesson Lytec; Medical condition coding software
- Microsoft Office 365
This position works in an office environment; the position frequently sits, stands, bends, lifts and transfers fifty pounds or more, climbs stairs, and access rooms which may or may not be ADA compatible.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma
- 5 years’ experience in the healthcare industry
- Associates Degree in the healthcare industry
- 10 years’ experience in the healthcare industry
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must provide three (3) professional references
Kathy Hurlburt MD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MSSS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at its facilities.
Kathy Hurlburt expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.