IDD Facility Program Manager
Bear Creek - Alaska (AK),
RHA Health Services
Job LocationBear Creek ICF
We are looking for talented individuals who share our dedication to the people we serve and support.
If you are a positive and personable individual looking for a satisfying and fun opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, join our team at RHA Health Services!
We are seeking an organized and positive Program Manager to coordinate and monitor the array of services and supports needed to address the goals and desired outcomes of the people we serve. As a Program Manager with RHA, you will supervise Group Home Managers and Direct Care Associates as you spend time at our residential or office locations to train staff on aspects of residential management and direct care.
As a Program Manager with RHA, you will serve as the center of the interdisciplinary service team, which consists of nurses, Direct Care Associates, the Administrator and Group Home Manager, to a ssists in the management, development and oversight of the individual support plan. Ensures that the individual support plan is implemented as written and initiate monthly services reviews to record and determine progress. The Program Manger also assists in supervision and oversight of day, residential, and personal assistant services. Collaborates with ISC’s, Therapist, and members of the clinical management team by performing the following duties.
Additional responsibilities of the Human Services / Support Coordinator or Program Manager include:
- Supervises and monitors the implementation of the Individual Support Plan (ISP).
- Analyzes and summarizes status of progress by completing monthly service reviews, determining appropriateness of programs and recommending changes as appropriate.
- Communicates regularly with the Independent Support Coordinator and other members of the circle of support if amendments to the ISP are needed.
- Ensures all aspects of the residential activity, including appearance of home, leisure materials, cleanliness and adequate staffing, documentation, etc. are operating smoothly.
- Documents all communication by utilizing the Program Manager Contact Notes Form.
- Ensures no deficiencies are noted from State and Federal Inspection & Survey teams.
- Spends time on a regular basis at the location where services are being performed.
- That means regular announced and unannounced visits in residential homes including each shift to ensure policy, procedures and program data are in place and being implemented appropriately.
- Incumbents are expected to provide coverage for shortages of direct support personnel but while doing so continue to be responsible for their management duties.
- May assist in on-call rotation as specified by the Administrator, including weekends and holidays.
- Assumes duties and responsibilities in
Our ideal Human Services / Support Coordinator or Program Manager is an excellent communicator and cooperative team player who excels at interviewing the people we serve to learn about their interests and goals, even individuals who cannot communicate verbally. You must also be detail-oriented and have excellent written communication skills to develop and disseminate person-centered plans.
Additional requirements for the Human Services / Support Coordinator or Program Manager include:
- Bachelor’s preferred but not required
- 2 years experience working with persons with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities preferred
- Working knowledge of applicable regulations that apply to our service offerings
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and reliable transportation
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check
- Ability to lift between 20 and 50 pounds and meet the physical requirements of performing CPR
- Supervisory/management experience and experience writing person-centered (individualized service) plans preferred
RHA Health Services offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that is aimed at supporting your health and wellness, financial planning, work-life balance, and protection from the unexpected.
The comprehensive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees includes:
- Competitive compensation program including regular performance feedback and coaching
- Healthcare insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Voluntary Benefits, Employee Assistance Program, Telemed and Pharmacy Insurance, Health Advocate service which assists employees find doctors, schedule appointments, estimate costs, answer medical/prescription questions, resolve medical claims issues and basically does the leg-work for employees
- Offering free diabetic medication and supplies
- 401(k) retirement savings program with Wells Fargo
- Paid Time Off
- Company sponsored Life and AD&D Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Free Annual Health Screening and wellness coaching event.
- Discounted medical premiums for nicotine free employees.
- Free CPR, first aid and job specific training opportunities
Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve!
If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of people we serve and support apply to join the team today.
RHA is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, we provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our solutions center.