Community Relations Coordinator
Fairbanks - Alaska (AK),
Kinross Gold Corporation
Estimated salary $39,048 - $50,765 a year
Located approximately 26 miles from the City of Fairbanks, Fort Knox is a centre of excellence for the Company as one of the few cold weather heap leach facilities in the world. In 2016, the site poured its seven millionth ounce of gold, 20 years into its mine life. The initial Gilmore Expansion Project is expected to extend mine life to 2030.
This position will be based in the Tetlin/Tok area of Alaska, approximately 200 miles from Fairbanks.
This position, based in the Tetlin/Tok, Alaska area, serves as the coordinating link between the organization and local communities. Responsibilities include promoting and protecting the reputation of Kinross by implementing the organization’s stakeholder engagement and communications plan, facilitating stakeholder relations to include event coordination and meetings, coordinating the site’s grant making processes, attending events when appropriate, while continuously aligning daily functions to reflect Kinross’ values.
- Assist in developing the annual site corporate responsibility plan to include stakeholder engagement and communications plans.
- Solicit information from stakeholders, compile and maintain an excel-based database, and develop reports, charts, and graphs based on this information.
- Production of community investment reports and presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Production of internal and external communication methods.
- Assist in development of annual budget to include advertising, public relations, and philanthropy.
- Accurate and timely completion of reports
- Lead day-to-day community communications, including as coordinator of tours for special guests, schools and other interested organizations.
- Further develop an educational outreach program and relationships with local schools.
- Coordinate special events and opportunities for positive exposure in the
Education and Experience
- Degree in resource management, communications, or related field preferred.
- Experience in communications, resources, and/or business development preferred.
- Prefer experience related to community and public affairs.
- Preference for someone who has Upper Tanana Athabascan experience and knowledge.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the team.
- Ability to conduct research, develop reports, give verbal presentations.
- Possess computer skills to include spreadsheet and Power Point development.
- Possess leadership and interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively interact with different types of community members and other stakeholders; must be able to keep the lines of communication open.
- Demonstrates administrative, organizational and writing skills.
Reports to the External Affairs Manager
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.