24-Hour Direct Service Provider
Juneau - Alaska (AK),
Estimated salary $266 - $300 a day ++
Compensation: $266-$300 daily, DOE
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Personal Leave
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k)
- SIGN ON BONUS: $550.00 for new hires after 180 days
The 24-Hour Direct Service Provider (DSP) provides person-centered assistance, based on the individual's goals, needs and interests in 24-hour shifts within a Group Home or an individual's home. The DSP has the primary REACH role in providing assistance to children and/or adults experiencing developmental disabilities. Areas of support include, but are not limited to, daily living skills, household management, building/maintaining relationships, communication, supported employment, health/dental/wellness, and self-advocacy with the goal of working toward increasing levels of independence. Responsibilities may include assistance with personal care and hygiene.
Minimum Education: Must be at least 18* years of age. High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree in education, special education, psychology, behavior management or a related field preferred. CPR and first aid certificates required within 30 days of hire. TB, fingerprint and background check clearance required.
- Driving may be a requirement of this position. If driving is required, applicant must have three years of verifiable driving history, possess a current Alaska Driver's License, have been a licensed driver for a minimum of three years, and provide Agency with proof of current Auto Insurance Coverage and successful State Motor Vehicle Driver's History Report, prior to employment.
Minimum Experience: No experience required although six months of experience (paid or unpaid) providing direct
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and use good judgment in a variety of circumstances.
- Ability to exercise patience, understanding and concern for the individual's health, safety, development and enjoyment of life.
- Ability to complete required documentation.
- Basic time management skills, including the ability to be on time to scheduled activities.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
Physical Requirements: Visual acuity necessary to perform job duties throughout the course of a normal workday. Ability to communicate verbally, both in person and over the telephone. Ability to assist residents in bathroom. May require occasional heavy lifting. Occasionally may come in contact with blood borne pathogens.
Working Conditions: Work is performed at the REACH office, at individual's home and at various other sites throughout the community.
This Position Description reflects the best efforts of REACH to describe the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities, or qualifications of the job.
Multiple Vacancies This is a continuous recruitment and will be used for more than one (1) vacancy. The applicant pool acquired during this recruitment will be used for all vacancies occurring within the posting period. Interested applicants are encouraged to reapply to each recruitment notice to ensure consideration for all vacancies.