Temporary Laborer - TUB Operator x 8
Red Dog - Alaska (AK),
Teck Resources Limited
Estimated salary $86,657 - $112,659 a year
Closing Date: April 30, 2021
Reporting to the Port Operations Supervisor, the Temporary Laborer – Tub Operator (X8) is responsible for the safe operation of the truck dump system, conveyor inspections and manual labor/clean-up of all conveyor systems, and other duties as assigned.
2021 Shipping Season; Rotation Schedule will be an even rotation
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Safe operation of the truck dump system
- Conveyor inspections
- Manual labor/clean-up of all conveyor systems
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 18 years old with a High School Diploma or equivalent
- A team player and able to communicate well with others
- Highly motivated and have ability to perform tasks with limited direction
- Have the ability to adhere to high safety standards
- Able to work day, afternoon, or night shifts as required
- Able to work outdoors with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions
- Able to perform labor intensive work when required; physically capable of performing the essential functions of the trade
Current driver’s license is preferred
Red Dog is a drug/alcohol free work place and provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program. Employment is conditional upon passing a background check, physical examination and drug/alcohol tests. Excellent benefits including: medical, dental, life, AD&D and long-term disability insurance, paid sick leave, vacation days and 401k.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc, as well as investments in energy assests. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.