ASRC Construction, Laborer
Saint Michael - Alaska (AK),
Arctic Slope Regional Corporation
ASRC Construction performs construction services throughout Alaska and in select lower-48 markets. We deliver highly complex construction projects in some of the world’s most remote locations. Our company is dedicated to providing value to our clients while maintaining a dedicated focus on the safety of our people and the quality of our work.
The Laborer assists the on-site project team in entry-level tasks, including but not limited to cleaning, material handling, minor repairs, and maintenance. Provide support to all aspects of the jobsite, work with project management team and sub-contractors to keep the job moving forward and organized.
This position is located in St. Michael, Alaska for the PSB ADA Ramp Construction project. The position is temporary and expected to start mid-September. The project is anticipated to be 3-4 weeks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist carpenters in building construction tasks.
- Perform janitorial duties at job site and offices.
- Clean debris and snow from project site.
- Load and unload project materials.
- Move materials, tools, and equipment to and from various areas on the jobsite.
- Palletizing materials for shipment and material handling.
- Perform minor repairs to building fixtures, and performs touch-up painting.
- Inventory supplies and equipment, as directed.
- Keep jobsite organized.
- Follow safety requirements and utilize personal protective equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability and willingness to abide by the company’s code of conduct, policies and procedures.
- Comply, understand, and support the company’s safety culture to ensure a safe work environment.
- Strong knowledge, understanding and sensitivity to the Inupiat culture.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to receive materials and take inventory using shipping
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening, background check, and ongoing random drug testing.
- Ability to obtain any medical clearances required for the position.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6) months of related experience.
- Prior work experience in the construction industry.
Please visit asrcconstruction.com for more information about our company and the services we offer.
ASRC Construction, is a drug free workplace and pre-employment drug testing is part of the hiring process.
ASRC Construction and its family of companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other legal protected status. EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at 907-339-6880 or email at [email protected] Construction is the construction division of Arctic Slope Regional Corporation, an Inupiat-owned corporation created as a result of the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
ASRC's family of companies apply a shareholder preference in employment, to the maximum extent feasible, as authorized by law.