Case Management Support - Wasilla, Alaska - Knik Tribal Coun...
Wasilla - Alaska (AK),
Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
Estimated salary $39,048 - $56,585 a year
Case Management Support is the primary contact between the Participant and Behavioral Health team. Ensuring effective and efficient schedule coordination, coordination and management of administrative duties, and participant support for the Behavioral Health providers.
Description of Duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Creates, develops and nurtures culturally appropriate interactions and connections with co-workers, Participants, and the community.
- Provides exceptional customer service:
- Receives Participants to the program in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Answers telephones and directs calls to appropriate staff member or department.
- Takes messages as required.
- Determines which can be handled by staff members and which need management.
- Responds to non-technical questions regarding department.
- Assists Participants by providing accurate information that meets the Participant needs the first time.
- Responds to Participant needs within established timeframe and maintains proper professional boundaries.
- Maintains confidentiality according to HIPAA laws, and adheres to all State of Alaska Medicaid regulations.
- Coordinates and assists the provider in the development of the Participant’s individualized treatment plan.
- Provides services to include individual and group skills development. Researches and develops curriculum and prepares materials to teach various skill building activities.
- Communicates with the Participants to determine how to best meet their identified needs.
- Handles both positive and negative interactions in a constructive and professional manner.
- Promotes the opportunity for full ownership of all health issues by the Participant and family through effective and respectful communication as an advocate.
- Maintains timely documentation of all contacts with the Participant, family and all services provided into the Participant’s record within the established timeframe.
- Uses good judgment to seek assistance in deescalating Participant behavior when necessary.
- Assists in coordinating Participants services with outside agencies when appropriate.
- Delivers case management and supportive services that support Participant growth.
- Transports Participants via private or company vehicle for service provision as needed. Adheres to Knik Tribe Transportation
- Applies knowledge of the Privacy Act of 1974 and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) to ensure the privacy of individuals is protected to the fullest.
- Develops and monitors a system for tracking the status of various actions and correspondence.
- Performs computer-based tasks and utilizes electronic health record system which includes accessing and reading charts/provider notes for basic information to respond to participant inquiries/requests; entering notes in records; and performing complex scanning of documents to health records.
- Performs job with minimal supervision.
- Accomplishes other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) years of experience working in a behavioral health setting; OR a combination of education and experience with major course work and experience in Counseling, Psychology, and/or Social Sciences.
- Three (3) years of administrative support experience.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must meet the following conditions to qualify as an approved Benteh Wellness Center driver:
- Valid Alaska driver’s license that meets State of Alaska Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) license requirements to include:
- May drive in Alaska for up to 90 days with a valid out-of-State license, then must obtain an Alaska driver’s license.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Knowledge and experience of Knik Tribe’s Service Area and its Programs.
- Advanced ability with all Microsoft Office Applications.
- Capable of basic maintenance for general office equipment and multi-line phone systems.
- Must have valid driver license issued by State of Alaska within 30 days of hire
- Must pass a State of Alaska, Department of Health and Social Services background check.
- Knowledge and application of professional and ethical conduct as guided by Knik Tribal Council Personnel Manual Section 8.1