Custodian - 1:30pm - 10pm
Chandler - Arizona (AZ),
Chandler USD 80
Estimated salary $16 - $18 an hour
CHANDLER UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
CALENDAR: CUSTODIAN FULLTIME
CUSTODIAN PART TIME
SALARY: GRADE 108
Effective July 1, 2006, a post-offer physical and drug screening test is required for this position
Job Goal: Maintain a clean and attractive physical plant.
- Ability to read and write English as it pertains to job functions
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds
- Previous custodial experience desired
- Satisfactory criminal background check
Core Job Functions
- Sweep, dust, vacuum, scrub, wax and polish the floors and surfaces
- Wash windows, walls, woodwork and equipment
- Empty trash receptacles
- Perform minor repairs
- Move furniture and equipment based upon the needs of the facility - up to 75 pounds
- Replace light bulbs and performing minor maintenance
- Delegate work of others as assigned by supervisor
- Monitor activities of students at play or in cafeteria
- Inspect all fire equipment on campus and maintain records of inspection
- Report safety/security hazards and needs for major repairs in an expeditious manner
- Open and secure building/facility
- Handle emergency custodial duties for principals, teachers and staff
- Follow district policies as outlined
- Perform all duties in a safe and prudent manner as directed by supervisors
- Be flexible and performing other duties relating to general job function as assigned by supervisor
Core Values/Professional Qualities:
- Respond to all internal and external customers, as it relates to position, in a prompt,
Physical Requirements – Heavy Work
- Positions in this classification typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, standing, walking, sitting, finger or manual dexterity, repetitive finger motion, speaking, hearing, seeing (with correction), focusing ability, or other factors applicable for the job.
- Employee must be able to stand and walk constantly on various floor surfaces while performing various duties, including but not limited to using push/pull force of up to 50 pounds for various machines.
- Employee must stand constantly and walk frequently lifting items of various sizes, up to 30 pounds. Items over 50 pounds require a second staff member to lift.
- Employee may rarely be required to climb ladders to perform various cleaning or maintenance tasks.
- Employees may be subject to travel, fumes, odors, chemicals, bloodborne pathogens, workspace restrictions, and loud noises.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.