Clinical Services Clerk - CHS (Cottonwood)
Cottonwood - Arizona (AZ),
Yavapai County Human Resources
Estimated salary $13.25 - $16.17 an hour
Under direct supervision performs clerical duties for clinical services that include some or all of the following functional areas: medical reception; determining eligibility; appointment scheduling; specialty referrals and medical records.
Performs clerical duties that include checking patients in and out of the health center and collection of fees with reconciliation; obtaining eligibility, patient information and insurance verification; answering telephones, scheduling appointments and processing messages; processing specialty referrals, filing documents into the electronic health record e.g., laboratory, radiology and secondary medical records. (95%)
Other duties as assigned. (5%)
- Demonstrates superior customer service when interacting with patients in person and on the telephone.
- Able to achieve a high level of competence with the electronic practice management and health record systems.
- Abides by all Yavapai County Community Health Services Policies and HIPAA guidelines.
- Knowledge of all requirements of Yavapai County Community Health Services Programs.
- Participates in the Yavapai County Community Health Services Quality Improvement Program.
- Responds to community emergencies with a public health consequence according to the Yavapai County Community Health Services Emergency Response Plan.
One year of general office experience, preferably in a medical setting.
High school diploma or GED.
Maintains public trust at Yavapai County Community Health Services by
Computer literate. Knowledge of electronic practice management system, medical records management, medical terminology.
Yavapai County Government offers a comprehensive employee benefits package to
Full-Time employees working 30 or more hours per week that includes but is not limited to:
- 10 Holidays Per Year
- Annual Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Care Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term & Short-Term Disability
- Retirement Plans
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 457 Deferred Compensation Program
- Dependent Health Care Insurance - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Life (for employees & dependents)
- Part-Time, Temporary and Seasonal employees accrue Sick Leave based on hours worked.
- Part-Time employees have limited benefits available.
- Temporary and Seasonal employees are not eligible to accrue Annual Leave.
http://www.yavapai.us/Portals/32/BenefitsSummary.pdf (Download PDF reader)