Administrative Specialist II
Flagstaff - Arizona (AZ), 86001
Coconino County, AZ
Estimated salary $35,958 - $39,553 a year
Coconino County promotes a transformational leadership philosophy which elicits employee growth, cultivates inspiration and creates future leaders by empowering employees to solve internal and external customer needs and exceed customer service expectations. As an award-winning organization with high regard for cultural diversity and the positive contributions of the many thriving cultures within our county, our nation, and our society, Coconino County leads a variety of initiatives that celebrate diversity; from our Annual Diversity Day, and monthly Heritage Lunch & Learns, to book clubs, and professional development academies which target diverse workforce segments. Coconino County's respect for diversity is shared throughout the organization. Come be part of this optimistic, innovative team where outstanding customer service creates dynamic solutions and engages leadership at every level.
Under supervision performs work of moderate difficulty in assigned field; performs related work as assigned.
- Formats, composes and types correspondence and other documents from written drafts and dictating equipment on routine, complex and confidential matters
- Schedules, gathers materials and prepares agenda for various meetings
- Takes and transcribes minutes of meetings and other proceedings
- Prepares reports and maintains records
- Maintains control and assures availability of files and other materials
- Establishes and maintains complex filing systems
- Answers questions requiring knowledge of departmental rules and procedures
- Exercises discretion and judgment on minor administrative decisions
- Processes and distributes confidential and sensitive documents
- May oversee and train staff as assigned
- May maintain department budget accounting records
- May answer and route incoming
Essential functions of this position include but not limited to: sitting, walking, standing, crouching, stooping, kneeling, reaching, bending and crawling for filing; working with and around others; dealing with interruptions; repetitive motion (hand/wrist/elbow/ shoulder) for computer work, filing, copying etc.; vision acuity (near) for computer work and reading documents; hearing and speech for ordinary conversation; finger dexterity and touch for typing.
Three years' experience in performing clerical or administrative work within subject area; OR, any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
This position is non-exempt from overtime.
This position is safety sensitive.
Preferred qualifications: Cash handling and accounting experience; proficient in Microsoft Office and customer service experience.
- Considerable knowledge of:
- Business English, spelling and arithmetic, punctuation and grammar
- Office practices and procedures
- Skill in:
- Use of word processors, computer systems and other office machines
- Report preparation
- Ability to:
- Compose correspondence dealing with technical and complex matters
- Exercise sound independent judgment on a variety of problems in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures
- Prioritize, plan and carry out assignments
- Work safely and support the culture of workplace safety
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public
- Follow written and verbal instructions
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing