Payroll Supervisor (West Valley)
Glendale - Arizona (AZ),
Desert Diamond Casinos
Under general supervision of the Payroll Manager to manage and coordinates all aspects of Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise timekeeping (scheduling) and payroll functions. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance with all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
- Responsible for monitoring the daily timekeeper functions, schedule functions and schedule generation/maintenance for the proficient use of Kronos Workforce Timekeeper and scheduler applications.
- Provides ongoing training and support for team members, labor scheduling and future enhancements to the time keeping system.
- Ensures that all data interfaces into the timekeeping system (Kronos) are current and accurate.
- Audit and analyze discrpeancies between scheduled shifts vs actual shifts.
- Audit schedules weekly including availability, shifts, audit trails and individual schedules.
- Assist with the audits/maintainance of team member payroll information.
- Produce and publish weekly scheduling/payroll reporting.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Creates operational reporting on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly for management.
- Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations; motivates team members to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Works with the IT Department and team members to trouble shoot any Electronic Payroll System issues.
- Oversees and coordinates the timekeeping of biweekly payrolls and works with the Payroll Manager for the issuance of payroll fund dates and special checks requests.
- Works with the Payroll Manager to develop, implementation, and administration of department records systems and procedures.
- Reviews, verifies and provide quality controls on the data entry of all timekeeping and payroll records into the human resources system.
- Works with the Payroll Manager regarding distribution of all employee tax statements and notifications as required by law.
- Works with Payroll Manager processing and submitting payments for federal and state taxes.
- Maintains confidentially of all employee information.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Assists with tips, paycard and support garnishments.
Education and Experience:
Associate degree plus 5 years time keeping and payroll processing experience, 2 years supervisory experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
- Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of Electronic Payroll System (PeopleSoft and Kronos preferred).
- Knowledge of time keeping and payroll practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of tax regulations
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to make procedural decisions and judgments involving sensitive and confidential issues under stressful conditions.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including working in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level. Some work is performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.