Paraeducator IV/V - SPED
Kingman - Arizona (AZ), 86401
Kingman Unified School District #20
Estimated salary From $24 an hour
The Paraeducator IV/V works within a special education classroom, under the supervision of a special education teacher, providing general classroom support or one-on-one assistance to a student. Paraeducator IV/V positions exist within schools throughout the district.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Responding to all internal and external customers, as it relates to the job, in a prompt, efficient, friendly, and patient manner
- Instructing, within close proximity to the teacher, individual students or small groups of students to reinforce material or skills initially introduced by the teacher
- Assisting students with various physical, emotional and educational needs adhering to guidelines of student I.E.P
- Assisting with assessments, grading papers and completing records under the supervision of the certified teacher
- Distributing and collecting workbooks, papers and other materials for instruction
- Copying, collating and filing worksheets and requested documents
- Developing and creating bulletin boards, signs, borders and classroom displays
- Operating and caring for equipment used for instructional purposes
- Assisting with the supervision of students during emergency drills, assemblies, play periods, lunch/breakfast periods, field trips, crossing guard, bus assistant, after school activities, school gate duty
- Alerting the teacher to any problem or special information about a student
- Maintaining the confidentiality of protected student and staff member information even after no longer employed
- Maintaining knowledge of and adheres to all policies, regulations, and rules
- Performing related duties as assigned in a safe and prudent manner
- One-on-one assistance to a student
- May provide support to students requiring daily care in the areas of toileting and special feeding
- May work with students with severe behavior problems
This job description is not a
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a school environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to see, talk and hear
- Regularly climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Regularly reach with hands and arms
- Regularly lift, push and/or move up to 50 pounds
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
At-Will Notice of Employment does not provide a guarantee of a particular schedule of work or a minimum number of days or hours.
These are 9-month, 32-hour per week positions. This position is eligible for medical benefits. The employee will work eight hours per day Monday through Thursday during core business hours.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- AA degree, 60 college credits from an accredited university, or satisfactory results on an Arizona state-approved competency exam (ParaPro)
Preferred Education and Experience
Working with students or children.
May require First Aid/CPR certification and/or Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) Training
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be able to pass a criminal background check and obtain a Fingerprint Clearance Card with an IVP number through the Arizona Department of Public Safety.