Mesa - Arizona (AZ), 85206
Milestone Retirement Communities
$12.51 - $15.00 an hour
Now Hiring (FT/PT) Activities Assistant!
This position is responsible for carrying out resident activities of a given managed community including all internal activities under the direction of the Director, Lifestyle and Leisure.
Check out our perks!
- Control Your Schedule: View your schedule, pick-up shifts & request time off anytime, anywhere from the OnShift mobile app.
- Earn Rewards: Track your progress and earn award points for clocking in & out on time, answering surveys and for other contributions in the community.
- Provide Feedback: Answer short community surveys and provide feedback about your day – all from your mobile phone.
- Access Funds: Access your earned, but unpaid wages before payday for just a small transaction fee.
- Under the direction of the Lifestyle and Leisure Director, determine what level of activities resident requests to be a part of and orients all residents to activity program and how to access activities.
- Arrange entertainment within budgetary allotments to come into the building for resident enjoyment.
- Promote all activities within the building in order to improve resident participation.
- Work with the Lifestyle and Leisure Director to organize events which includes planning, advertising, set-up, and clean-up.
- Organize transportation for activity outings and medical visits with the Assisted Living community.
- Ensure they and any employees reporting to them work in a safe manner and that unsafe actions are managed.
- Foster teamwork with co-workers, show initiative in overcoming obstacles, take actions which assist others beyond job responsibilities, and have a positive impact on co-workers, residents, and visitors.
- Seek out and perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate or Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred in Social Service, Business, or a field related to the position.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in Assisted Living preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong personnel skills, and positive community relations skills are essential.
- Commercial Driving License (CDL) preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
Apply with your resume and cover letter TODAY to schedule your interview for this exciting opportunity!