Paradise Valley - Arizona (AZ), 85253
Sanctuary on Camelback
We are looking for a passionate and motivated intern who can work with us in a fast paced environment and who is not afraid to think outside of the box. This paid internship will be for a 12 week duration. The intern will assist in the Rooms daily operations and projects.
The Rooms Intern will be exposed to and gain experience in a coordinator role. The Rooms Intern will assist with projects and administrative tasks working independently under general supervision of the Rooms Team. Excellent customer service, innovative problem-solving, superior communication skills, and a high degree of flexibility are keys to success in this role.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Gain exposure to and utilize the Front Desk, Reservations, and Housekeeping systems with hands on learning.
- Learn the full cycle of the Rooms Division processes and assist with projects.
- Attend Revenue Maximization meetings to learn the financial processes of the Rooms Division.
- Provide administrative and reporting support for all Rooms Division related activities.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in the handling of guest relations.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Current student pursuing a Bachelor's degree in a business or Hospitality discipline, on track to graduate in December 2018.
- Solid critical thinking ability; analytical skills are highly utilized in this role.
- Ability to work independently, but a strong effective team player; commitment to delivering results; solutions oriented; good organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Must be able to produce work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Prior hospitality industry experience is always a plus!