Phoenix - Arizona (AZ), 85012
AJ's Fine Foods
Providing customers with superior service, courtesy clerks bag customer orders, take their purchases to the customers’ vehicles and retrieve carts in an efficient, safe and courteous manner. Courtesy clerks also take “go-backs” back to shelves, sweep aisles, clean up spills, clean checks stands, and carts, whatever is needed to ensure a clean and inviting grocery store.
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles, greetings, and thank yous.
- Taking customers’ purchases to their vehicles.
- Properly bagging customers’ purchases.
- Collecting and retrieving grocery carts from parking lots.
- Taking “go-back’ items back to their proper shelf locations
- Providing customers with product location information.
- Verifying prices for register operators and customers.
- Cleaning check stands, grocery carts, the parking lot, restrooms, product spills, and sales cases.
- Refilling plastic bag and paper sacks and any other check stand supplies.
- Emptying trash receptacles throughout the grocery store.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least 14-years old.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time; This
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer.
- Provide fast and friendly customer service.
- With both customers and team members, remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction, to accomplish tasks.
- Push a row of seven grocery carts.
- Learn the product locations of the items sold in the store.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, and posted company policies.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to bag groceries and use any necessary tools and equipment.
- Openly and professionally communicate through body language, facial expressions and speech.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies.
- Respond immediately to audible pages for spill clean-ups and various customer service requests.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally work in walk-in coolers and/or freezers.